Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Open house meet-greet

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First of all, I checked very carefully how I spelled MEET.
Secondly, after speaking with Mrex at length tonight on the matter, I feel it important to share the views of those of us that feel we've cut a little too deep into the deer herd. Not to share them on a forum, but to the DOW. Mrex said Tonk has not been hearing the complaints, so he is left to think all is well from the hunter's perspective. Apparently farmers are the only ones voicing their concerns properly. He hasn't recieved many of the surveys back as of yet, and feels most are done hunting and should have sent them in already.

So, anyone interested in forming groups to attend the open house sessions at each of the district offices? We have people from every corner of the state here, and should be able to have a "delegation" to each. Of course the herd may not be depleted in all areas, so if you still have a good population in your area, I wouldn't ask you to go state otherwise as it would be a lie, and would detract from the authenticity of the thing.

I wouldn't suggest a mob mentality, but to simply voice the concerns to the right people. Any thoughts? I think if we made a showing in the districts affected, it would be noticed as they are poorly attended usually.

I hate like heck to give up my free time for this, but would as I think it's a worthy cause and it would be fun to meet a few of you.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Times and locations would be great. Maybe this is part of the reason they are poorly attended? They are afraid to mention to anyone they are being held? lmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sometime in March I think.
The OBBBC banquet would be a good time to speak with Tonk too. Mike can help with that I'd guess. Its at Ashland this year I think.

Im still kinda a rookie..So I dont know if the herd is my area is bad or not..I think outfitters need regulated,this isnt me being greedy or jealous ..I just think the real small outfitters who just take a hunters money an dont provide worth a shit need weeded out.Bad business's I guess.Fly by nights I guess you can call them.Maybe a yearly outfitters license or something like that...I know IL charges 5k$ a yr for one..But again im a rookie so I dont know much

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will try to go... I'm supposed to have a tonsillectomy on the 23rd of February, so we'll see how that goes.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sounds like a lot of fun there, Jim! It's a ways off, lots of things happen in a short amount of time. We'll see how things shake out before I decide to burn a Saturday too.