Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Great buck 190"

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
When I was younger I was telling an older guy about passing on a shot of a really nice buck because it walking straight away from me though brush. He said "If you don't shoot you can't get it." That attitude was at work here, it is probably that attitude that leads to "I thought it was a deer" accidental shootings.

I liked that he was thinking of his son and grandson. Looks like he is teaching them to be very ethical. At least his son had enough sense not to shoot. I tend to like most folks, but I hate slob hunters. One NEVER has to shoot because the deer sports world class antlers. In my book you wait for the perfect shot regardless of whether the deer is a doe or a world class buck.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, gives us crossbow shooters a bad name.... I personnally never have taken more then a 35 yard shot at a deer and wouldn't for a 190 as well..... and passed up a 160 class 10 point back in the day that was 45 yards but was shooting a old hoyt compound that barely broke the 200 fps range..... Some guys just don't get it.....

LonewolfNopack

The woods
New Vienna is right where I hunt. Its a very small town, so I am sure it was shot somewhere near my hunting property. Makes me more sick than I care to mention. It is people like this that has made me ashame to be a hunter.

Last edited:
ohio
No, it was shot on private land according to the article. I know at the very least that the picture was not taken at Fallsville. I grew up on that place and could navigate it blind.

Me too, I could swear that was the same buck I saw there last year!! Fallsville is an awesome place to hunt.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Me too, I could swear that was the same buck I saw there last year!! Fallsville is an awesome place to hunt.

Use to be at least. It really gets hammered hard, any thing with a pulse gets shot there. Use to be a honey hole though. Gone are the glory days of having that place all to myself. I think about them often. I took my dog for a long walk there the other day during a three day old snow off of Roundhead road, and we saw very little sign of life.

Last edited:
ohio
Yeah, I saw some big ones through the years, last season was the best id seen by far, saw what I still believe to be that deer fighting off two 140s from his hot doe, and got to hear him growl, sent chills down my spine, couldn't get a shot, and wouldn't respond to me at all, I even yelled hey and stop lol