Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Friday Rabbit hunt

bluedog

Bluedog, Good too see you making it out..... I've been letting more go by then pulling the trigger on these days just enjoying hte dogs working the trails...... Nice limit you guys had that day, I bet the dogs slept well that night lol.....

Not a limit as there were 4 guns that day (6 people total) and there were a few more dogs too. It was a total blast! One of the best rabbit hunts we have put on down there.

Thanks for the hellos. Back at you all! I was just excited to see some action over in the small game section here (I have been lurking a bit.) Although I do like deer hunting, other than putting meat in the freezer, it just does not hold my interest like small game does.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Not a limit as there were 4 guns that day (6 people total) and there were a few more dogs too. It was a total blast! One of the best rabbit hunts we have put on down there.

Thanks for the hellos. Back at you all! I was just excited to see some action over in the small game section here (I have been lurking a bit.) Although I do like deer hunting, other than putting meat in the freezer, it just does not hold my interest like small game does.

I should have guessed that was where you would be if anywhere. :)

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well one of these days we'll have to meet up and run them dogs with or without shotguns.... Sam CJ and I want to get together for another hunt if it happens I'll keep you posted too see if you can make it....

Huckleberry Finn

We've got 2 fresh inches of powder for probably 4 total...I hope it stops and we don't get the other 3 they're calling for...I wanna rabbit hunt in the morning!

FredT

SE Ohio
Went out yesterday to Salt Fork for a few hours, more to run myself, but I took the dogs with me. They knew what I was up to and would have wrecked the house if I did not take them. They did two short runs. Didn't see what they had going. Didn't see any tracks where I was.

Last night as I went up to feed the deer I kick up a rabbitt. Go figure.

FredT

SE Ohio
J, you like .410 autos? Here is a pic of me and a buddy of mine after our .410 hunt a few years ago. I have an old 11-48 and he is using a Rem Express.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J, you like .410 autos? Here is a pick of me and a buddy of mine after our .410 hunt a few years ago. I have an old 11-48 and he is using a Rem Express.

Very cool Fred.... that's my retirement present too myself an 11-48 in. 410..... too complete the arsenal lol....

FredT

SE Ohio
I would like to find a real clean field grade 11-48 in 28 gage.

My arsenal will never be completed, just added TOO.

Last edited:

FredT

SE Ohio
I also have a real clean Win 42 that goes out on real rare occasions. Can you imagine sliding down the gravel side of a railroad grade with your Win 42 following after you? NOT!