Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

buckeye big buck banquet

arjay

S.E. Ohio
Anyone going or have been in the past? I got my invitation in the mail the other day, pretty excited about going this will be my first year not sure what to expect?

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Didn't really impress me that much,I just went along to see my 73yr. grandpa get his first big buck award,I see no reason to enter any of my deer in it

mrex

*Supporting member*
I attended my first BBBC Banquet 20 years ago at the Aladdin Shrine Temple in Columbus. There was a level 3 snow emergency that day and US RT 33 between my home in Athens Co and Columbus was closed...I went anyway. Entering a buck in the BBBC was a goal of mine since I started deer hunting almost 35 years ago and I'll be damned if I was going to miss it. I've been to every one since then.

The event has kind of changed into a day long sports show with the highlight being the awards ceremony and banquet which starts at 5:30 pm and raps up around 8:00 or so. Each inductee is encouraged to bring their mount or antlers for display. We usually get about 200 heads which surround the banquet hall. Several nationally known whitetail authorities like Dr James Kroll and Gordon Whittington have told us that the BBBC Banquet deer head display is the most impressive collection assembled under one roof any where on the planet. It's not unusual to see 20 or so bucks that net over 200" at the event.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been to one up in the Cambridge area back in the late 90's and had a great time. I would recommend it but would also advise to attend with a couple of buddies so's you can drool over the bone together. Lol

I had a chance to go to the one in Wilmington last year I believe but had other plans. I wish I would have went being it was only 20 or so miles away. Dang!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have attended this banquet before. It was at Fin-Feather-Fur Outfitters. I had a real good time. They had lots of raffles for some neat sporting goods stuff. Hundreds of Monster Bucks to look at. It was pretty neat to look at all the deer heads there and see how many people you knew that shot a Ohio Qualifier. I got the chance to meet and get a picture taken with Greg Miller and Stan Potts of NAW. I will say it is a fairly long event, so make sure everyone who goes with you knows this.

Kaiser878

ohio
I think I will be attending this year. Although I think I have a seminar on the 18th for work on Emergency Rapid Response, so I hope it will be done in time. I keep saying I am going to go but I never do. My dad will be getting his first BBBC certificate this year...So for me that is enough reason to go. I think I have two coming this year also from bucks that I never entered that I finally got around to doing last year. Anytime you have 200 bucks that score 140 or bigger in the same room.....its gonna be a good time...

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
I will be attending this year as well. This year we are not going to get there so early, the last time I went it made for a long day. But I did enjoy it