Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thats a wrap...

matt hougan

Dayton area
Yesterday on the way to my lease I picked up a trolling motor mount for my canoe. Drove then to Ashtabula where a friend gave me an atv disc. Then drove to New Philly for a nap before hunting today. Didnt see a single deer. I'll finish the season chasing green heads, if they ever get here!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We need some cold to move these birds, Matt. I'm JUST NOW starting to see mallards in my area... and they've been out of season for a couple weeks now. The big flocks of geese that are normally piled in this area by now are still north of here. It's frustrating to say the least.

Derek j

Knox Co.
everyone is having a difficult go with waterfowl. From state to state, the normal number of birds just arent there. When the new dates came out, I was stoked. The earlier start would allow me to get the boat out more, and have some better quality hunts. That idea tanked with the 50-60 degree weather that stayed into December. It absolutely sucked this year. I bet the bird count skyrockets next year again due to this.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
The weather has no doubt been a huge factor in lack of birds. We did have a good mallard hunt, but the problem was too much water, in too big of a field, and the birds were skittish as hell. Nothing would commit. Other than that one day we never got into any birds at all. I'm hoping for some cold weather to roll in and get some geese moving these next two weeks. Other than that, I think next year it's time to go back to NoDak.

I won't give up on the deer until Feb 5th. Either too dumb or too stubborn. Not sure which.