Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

deer sightings during muzzy

RUT NUT

Congrats to your friend Pat! That's one heck of a buck! When can we see this graphic video? Or can we?

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Welcome to Vinton county darron. I haven't hunted it but 2 hours or so this year.

Well since that is where my farm is located at I have to make due. Buying property for $5,000+ an acre is out of the cards right now. I wish I could buy a matching 100+ acre property in Highland county or Logan County but I can't. The other properties I hunt around home get the living hell hunted out of them so I doubt if I would do much better. Not to mention, most are bow only.

I love my place........during bow season I saw my fair share of deer.......but it's like after gun season they vanish. I am sure they are held up close, but since we have a no drive rule on the place we don't see many deer unless they move on their own or we bump them walking in or out.

I stopped and got gas yesterday and I talked to a fellow who was pumping gas next to me. I asked if he had done any good and he said no. There were two of them and they saw 2 deer all day, both were over 200 yards away. I asked him if he had seen many in general this year hunting and he said not as many as usual.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
I saw 6 does yesterday morning, nothing in the afternoon, and 2 does this morning... No shots, though. I was the only one hunting the property, so both mornings I opted to take the "walk around like a dumbass" approach. All of the deer I saw were jumped from beds and I couldn't get a shot. My food plots are absolutely decimated, so nothing has been coming in to them for a while as far as I could tell. It was a fairly disappointing weekend for me.

My plots are decimated too. Brassica tops all gone and they are starting on the radish bulbs and turnip roots. My winter rye/oat plots are literally eaten to the dirt and so are my clover plots.

Lundy

I took this one at 8:45 this morning.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Congrats to your buddy Mike. Same to you Lundy. Good to see some had a little success.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Milo

Tatonka guide.
LUNDY AND MIKE CONGRATS! Lundy that deer looks like one i saw in muskingum county yesterday on the back of a trailblazer. only saw 2 slick heads and that was on my way out of the woods on sunday. lots of tracks though. I think some"recreational traffic" has them boogered up at our place.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
my buddy saw two buck yesterday. had em at 25 yds, tried to wait for the bigger one to come in to him but they all ended up bolting on him, we went in again yesterday and had a pretty good buck come in around 80 yds but never came down the hill to us. just sat up there and fed and browsed around. We were bow hunting...