Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vertigo grey or Outfitter camo

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Help me decide. I am ordering some camo. I got a couple of gift certificates to Cabelas for Christmas and I am going to use them. I am looking for something to keep me dry, warm, and be versatile. I have the type of camo picked out already. I am looking for something to use on the ground for coyote hunting, but still need it to work in a tree stand. In narrowing down my searches in the Bargain Cave, it looks like Outfitter Camo or Vertigo Grey are my choices.

Which would you choose to hunt the ground AND the tree stands?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cha-ching! Cashed in my gift cards. Signed up for Cabelas bucks for another $20 off. Friggin' order still cost me $159. WTH? Oh well. Let the Christmas cheer continue! Merry Christmas to me. . . again! lmao

Cabelas Revolution Plus Dry Fleece insulated pants for $59. Last Christmas my wife got me some non-insulated and I will tell you what, I love them. She also got me the full zippered jacket. Both of these had the windsheer. Went ahead and got the insulated dry-plus in Vertigo for another set to alternate and for colder temps. The fleece pull over zips down about half way and was $95. I was not really feeling it as being a "great deal" but when you have $70 in gifts sometimes you spend a little more because that is what a gift is supposed to be in my opinion. Spend a little more on something you want because normally you wouldn't have done so. I also ended up with some of the silk weight top and bottoms and I am going to try the Herd in a Stick as per Milo's suggestion. I laughed at it, but Milo and several others claim to have had good success with it. What the heck. I will try it.

Be careful when shopping from your wishlist fellas. I accidentally clicked to move everything from my wishlist to my shopping cart initially. Ooops. Yeah. Not going to spend $500 on myself. Crazy stuff there. Stupid stuff. lol

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a set of the silk weight base layers too, Phil. I like them for wearing under my heavier base layers because they're nice and smoove. Worn alone they're not much use for keeping warm, though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a set of the silk weight base layers too, Phil. I like them for wearing under my heavier base layers because they're nice and smoove. Worn alone they're not much use for keeping warm, though.

This is pretty much how I wear them as well. Help pull the moisture away from your skin and the next layers of clothes do the keeping warm part. Sometimes they are nice under a set of fleece pants when it isn't real cold though. Fleece against the skin just doesn't feel right if you get to sweating. The silk weight base layer pulls that sweat away from you and still allows the fleece to move around a bit without getting caught on your skin.