Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkey gun..Sight or bead vs optics

Turkey Gun bead/sights vs optics

• single bead

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • sights ..front/rear

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • red dot

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Scope

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I do my turkey hunting in walmart frozen meat section

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Huckleberry Finn

How it the hell do you bowhunt with an eye patch? Seems like a major handicap to me?!? I shoot with both eyes open unless I'm using a scope and was raised with a shotgun in my hand, so using a bead is second nature...

It amazes me how quickly I can raise a shotgun and rack out three shells...just lots of shooting skeet, groundhogs, barn swallows, turkeys, deer etc etc. Don't even think about it. And I don't need to top of the receiver safety either!

Huckleberry Finn

may be, but i'm already looking forward to it. and the walleye run.

I have a hard time getting excited for it this early, always burns me. There is a flock I can see daily that is 30 birds strong this time of year...and come the spring they bust up very quickly - or hang out on the other side of the woods all of a sudden!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
All I know is, The bird I shot last year had 4 other toms with him. And all the landowners I spoke with told me I was the only one to even ask permission. I've been looking forward to turkey season since last turkey season.

FredT

SE Ohio
I use the 2 standard beads. My eyes are still good enough to make that work. Red dots are real nice if you are not looking towards the sun or have a flame out.