Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzleloader season

lung buster

hocking county
I went up to my sons spot and pulled the camera card today. It had 441 pics in 10 days of mostly a group of 5 does, probably the only 5 in our township,lol. He will be using his cva wolf, 70 Grains of 777 And 200 grain shockwave. He has some unfinished business to take care of this weekend. Last week he got to take his crossbow out that Santa got him. We had 3 does come in and he missed one clean. Poor boy had to wait about 15 Min before he got a shot. He was a mess. He told me he thought that he was gonna fall over from not being able to breath. He was lucky on the buck he got during youth season, he never had time to get shook up then. This was his first case of "doe fever". Can't wait until this weekend!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
OHHH, you're hunting with a Knight?? I might have to rethink that invitation :smiley_chinrub:

Sam, I've gotta an extra one just like Dan's (just older) that you can borrow if the encore ain't up to it that is..... :smiley_arrogant:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Sam, I've gotta an extra one just like Dan's (just older) that you can borrow if the encore ain't up to it that is..... :smiley_arrogant:

J I was going to pull out my middle finger smiley but since I started on your Knight first I'll give you a pass....this time.mischeif.gif

sat an sunday will be hunting jefferson co. in the richmond and the new somerset area
mon an tue ,the wife will be hunting with me ,her 1st muzzle season.not sure were we will end up at.
twister

i'll be using my encore with 3x9x40 bushnell,2 triple7 pellets pushing a 250grn shockwave
wife's will be using her cva wolf with a 3x9x40,90grs pryo pushing a xtp240grn

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I have a plan coming together.

TC Omega
100gr Pyrodex
245gr Powerbelt (unless my shooting tomorrow of some various bullet combos leaves me with something grouping better)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don't you wanna be like all the guys on tv??? Come on Ric!!!

Lol JD!! Nah, Ron, Stacey and Adam have one and theirs feel lighter than the KBH. Down deep inside I would love for the girls to eventually get the deer hunting bug which the oldest one has hinted to me she has. It would be a great rifle for her/them to use for youth gun and muzzy season.

I love my Knight Bighorn but something lighter and of great accuracy would be great to break the daughters into the world of deer hunting. :smiley_coolpeace:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
IF I find the ambition, I will pull out the Thompson 50 cal. flint lock, Iron sights
90 gr. of FFF
with a patch and .49 ball.

If I have one standing in the yard, I'll just wip out the Omega. 100gr. of 777, and a 250 (maybe it 200 gr) Shock wave.
(about 1" groups at 100 yards and 3 holes touching at 50 yards.)

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm going out tomorrow at lunch to check the cams and possibly hang a stand for Saturday morning if there's anything worth a darn on cam. Corn is still standing, so we will see. If I do go out, will be with a bow, as I have never broken down and bought a Muzzy.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I'm going out tomorrow at lunch to check the cams and possibly hang a stand for Saturday morning if there's anything worth a darn on cam. Corn is still standing, so we will see. If I do go out, will be with a bow, as I have never broken down and bought a Muzzy.

Ditto, maybe one of these days.

Lundy

Pulled cards from 6 cameras today. Over 3000 pics in a week

As of today none of our resident bucks have shed.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Ain't hunting . Duck is out here and I killed a good number of deer already . Might take the bow out the end of January once we get some snow down.....not sure I wanna buy another tag tho.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
The last time I took my genesis to the range i was having some accuracy issues. a friend of mine sold me on "bore butter" and i think that was the problem. I havent had a chance to get out with it and try some different powder / sabot combos without the use of the butter. So I will be shooting my daughters muzzy this weekend.

CVA maghunter .45
simmons 4 12x40
100 gr 777
200 gr shockwave
winchester primers