Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Question on what to buy... Scentblocker silent shell or Mack daddy

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
I can't decide between the two on which on I am going to purchase. Anyone wear either of the suits that can give pros and cons? I'm truly just looking for more of a beginning to mid year suit so I am leaning towards the silent shell but I figured I would ask around before making up my mind.

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry Alphamax, I have neither one so I have no info or help for you. I do have two scentblocker outfits though. I like them both but the one made of a quieter fleece like outer material sure picks up the burrs.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have the Dream Season Pro Suit which is fairly heavy and pricey.....but warm as can be in most Ohio situations. I hated to spend the money at the time but sure glad Diane talked me into it now! I also have a Team Whitetail Suit which is much lighter and has the S3 technology. I am very satisfied with each suit. The Dream Season Pro was found on Ebay a little cheaper. The Team Whitetail was purchased from Sportsmans Liquidators.com they are located in Akron Ohio (near 77 and 18)~~ It was almost 1/2 priced compared to regular retail. Hope this helps.

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
I have the silent shell jacket and pant. It's a really nice outfit and i stay fairly warm down to the mid-upper 20's. If the temps gets in the low 20's and colder I wear my cabelas MT050 scent lok outfit.

I would have never bought the silent shell outfit but I got both the jacket and pant for $220. Regularly the outfit is over $400.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was thinking about he ScentBlocker Mack Daddy suit a couple months ago, but I ended up getting myself a full lineup of Predator Camo gear... for much cheaper to boot! The Mack Daddy suit seems nice and well-made, but I'm mostly a treestand hunter, and the predator camo is the cat's pajamas for hunting from an elevated position. IMO, the mossy oak and realtree stuff all looks like a dark blob from a distance anyway. It's a quality garment that's for sure, and you'll have to spend the $ to get that, but I think the camo patterns themselves aren't much more than marketing hype.

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Thanks guys. I actually went with the silent shell. Thank you xbowguy, I just got in on ebay for 250. If I couldn't have got it for such a low price brand new I would have went with Predator camo gear for sure. I too JBrown am a treestand hunter. So when I am going to upgrade my warmer weather suit, I'll be in touch with you if thats cool.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks guys. I actually went with the silent shell. Thank you xbowguy, I just got in on ebay for 250. If I couldn't have got it for such a low price brand new I would have went with Predator camo gear for sure. I too JBrown am a treestand hunter. So when I am going to upgrade my warmer weather suit, I'll be in touch with you if thats cool.

Sounds good to me, bro. I'm not far so whenever you're ready I'd be more than happy to meet up and let you check it out first-hand.