Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

One Buddies Great Year!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got to congratulate a couple of great friends right here and now on an outstanding year they had between them. Stacey has been a great friend over the past 25 plus years and over those years we've helped each other drag out some real nice deer between my brother Ron,another buddy Tim, Staceys son Adam, Staceys late brother Stan(RIP), and Stacey and I. The year they had this year is going to be hard to beat from here on out.

First off, Stacey is one of the best bowhunters I know and has the wall to prove it. He hunts hard and is relentless when he has his mind set on a particular deer. He hunted clear up till the last week of season this past Jan. 26th. and harvested an absolute stud of a buck that scored 172 gross. Here it is:

Then this late summer/early fall he called me to inform me that his son Adam came in second overall in the bowhunter class at the World IBO Championship held in NY! Congrats to you Adam in the huge achievement buddy! HUGE!!!

Then on Nov. 8th I believe, Stacey kills another great looking buck, the only buck on his radar at that time. I must say this also, when it comes to field pics, Adam and him are hard to be. Here are some pics of the buck he killed this year:

Then, during the 2 day bonus gun season he watch his son drop a dandy old buck we all nick named "BIG BOY". This buck was in the top two of our entire groups hit list this season. BIG BOY is busted up some but as old,gnarly and tall as he was score is the last thing we thought about! A true trophy in every sense of the word! He are some pics of Adam with BIG BOY:

Once again you TWO! Congratulations on an outstanding year!

Stan is smiling down on you both!

Your good buddy, Ric(FS)

PS: Oh, tell Adam it's his turn to be camp bitch during the Super Bowl party at deer camp! I might be there!

Last edited:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Nice!! Those are some great field pics TOO. The 2nd on of Stacey, from this year's buck is my favorite. The way everything is situated it makes my eye start off right at the fletchings, follows the arrows upward, and end up right at the deer. Awesome job!!

Dew Boyz

I was there when Adam got his buck, the reaction on his face told the whole story....and we helped cape both them out....what a year father and son have had....2 really good guys as well....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Eric, you ought to post a couple of those "Big Boy"'TC pics you got of him this fall. You just have to start a photobucket.com acct. And download your pics then copy then paste on this site. Or I can so it for you.

mrex

*Supporting member*
I have a couple buddies who had a similar season. My good friend and co-worker JR killed this B&C typical back in mid November.

His dad Larry killed a B&C this morning that they started chasing 3 years ago. They got on this buck near the end of the 2009/2010 season and he shed before they could piece the puzzle together.

The buck was MIA all last year and they assumed he was dead. He showed up again this year at about the same time that he did in 09’. Knowing the chances were great that he would shed again within the next week or so, they got aggressive and were able to pinpoint where the buck was bedding. JR glassed the buck yesterday morning and moved a ground blind into position yesterday afternoon. Larry killed the buck at 8:00 am this morning.

These gentleman are the best father son hunting duo I personally know and two of the best all around hunters I’ve ever met.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow, what an incredible feat! Man those pics are awesome as well! Larrys buck looked have been bigger the year before. Did they find his sheds and if they did, did they run a tape on them? Just wondering the bucks age and if he was on his way down. Any idea on the age? What a great story and Congrats to the both of them. Thanks for sharing Mike.