Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Muzzle loader bullet results

rossbows

I use the powerbelt 295 with 150gr of triple seven. Can stack them at hundred yards and 250yrds is no problem. I shoot a change every gun shots different bullets differently. This combination works best for me. I have killed a shit load of deer and very little tracking and always had pass throughs.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One more thing Phil - at the range shooting my muzzy trying to group, between every shot I run both wet then dry patches down the barrel, at least one, sometimes 2, just trying to keep it as clean as possible to achieve consistent results.

Ding ding ding. See, this is where I have had inconsistency issues. I have tried in between every shot. I have tried every 6-8shots. I have tried wet then dry patches. My latest has been using a bore brush only after about 8-10shots, then dry patches until it is pretty dang clean. Once cleaned using this method, I shoot one more to verify, and take it hunting. I need to figure this out better.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
thank you all for the info! Sam, this is great info and I am going to read it, re-read it, and digest it a bit more before I do anything else. I have plenty of Powerbelts, Shockwaves, and Hornady bullets to choose from when finding that right combo. Might have to give you a call here soon to pick your brain a bit. Maybe there is something simple with the muzzle loader I am doing wrong. I dunno?

Anytime. I'd enjoy talking with you.