Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio's new GIANT 8

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A good friend of mine is buddies with the guy that filmed either the deer and/or the hunt. He may know the hunter as well. I got the text that and two days later a guy showed it to me in the gym and tried to tell me his buddy killed in down here. Dumbass... lmao

Yeah, lots of BS flying around about this one.... I'd really like too know what town it was by, the map shows between Akron and Warren, but Jesse I thought you said it was around Newton Falls? I've heard everywhere from SE Ohio to Cinci area and everywhere inbetween hahaha

Schu72

Streetsboro
Yeah, lots of BS flying around about this one.... I'd really like too know what town it was by, the map shows between Akron and Warren, but Jesse I thought you said it was around Newton Falls? I've heard everywhere from SE Ohio to Cinci area and everywhere inbetween hahaha
"J", the article said outside of Ravenna.

"Kemble was hunting near Ravenna, Ohio and was set up..'.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
"J", the article said outside of Ravenna."Kemble was hunting near Ravenna, Ohio and was set up..'.[/QUO

Kinda a broad statement I was hearing Newton Falls or Deerfield area.... was just curious if it was Portage Mahoning or Trumbull counties....

mrex

*Supporting member*
To date, the largest 8 point in Ohio history, (a 5x4 that scores as an 8), is the Bob Haney Buck from Mahoning Co. Nets 180 1/8". This buck looks bigger!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
To date, the largest 8 point in Ohio history, (a 5x4 that scores as an 8), is the Bob Haney Buck from Mahoning Co. Nets 180 1/8". This buck looks bigger!

Wow!!! Just looked it up and saw a pic of it. Awesome buck... This one does look bigger...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I remember that Mike. Made the cover of NAW about the same time Ron Osborne killed his 238 non-typ.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
If its southeast local, then thats down my way by wooster and apple creek........and there isn't any woods behind the school. There is a little patch down the road though.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Do you have GPS coordinates for the exact spot the arrow entered the chest cavity?:smiley_depressive:

Why does everybody need to know every time a good deer was taken.......How about this answer......"Ohio"

Buckmaster

Portage
Why does everybody need to know every time a good deer was taken.......

There is one in just about everyone's back yard in Ohio. I can say this much......He lives in the woods and moves seldom during daylight hours. It's your job to find him and kill him when he's up and about.
I have a 180"+ plus that lives behind my house (no hunting zone). I have his sheds.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Do you have GPS coordinates for the exact spot the arrow entered the chest cavity?:smiley_depressive:

Why does everybody need to know every time a good deer was taken.......How about this answer......"Ohio"

Chad, I was trying to pin down a city/township area too satisfy my curiosity die too the many areas thathad been reported.... that's why I posted as I did.....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Chad, I was trying to pin down a city/township area too satisfy my curiosity die too the many areas thathad been reported.... that's why I posted as I did.....

I wasn't referring to your post J.......just using sarcasm and being a smartass that's all!:smiley_crocodile:

Last edited: