Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Interesting find..digging through old trail cam photos!

Kaiser878

ohio
YEsterday on our way to go duck hunting my buddy pulled up a photo and said to me, "this deer looks a lot like the deer you killed this year. As it turns out I also had a trail cam photo of the same deer on my cell phone from last year. I had actually passed this deer up the first week of november. I guess him to be a 4.5 y/o deer but he was sporting about a 135 inch rack. So I elected to pass him.

Here are the photos from last year.
Here he is enjoying our gun season safe haven corn pile.

Here is a photo from this year when I killed him, mind you I dont have trail cam photos of this deer this year!

THe G2s and G3s look similar and the brows are the same. his frame looks the same also. He is also sporting a sticker off his left G2 both years. THe only thing i question is his ability to just grow G4s and grow his overall frame drastically. IF it is the same deer he would have had to of put on 30 inches of antler in one year!

ANy input?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I would say its the same...got the left side kicker and g-3 on the right looks the same...long with a front sweep and it cuts in some on the end.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would say definitely the same deer! TOO many similarities! That's why you should let them walk. Congrats Zach.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very wet spring and it carried into the early summer. How were the crops in your area this year? Only combination I can see for 30" more are age, genetics, and a great growing season. Sounds like the perfect storm for you. Congratulations on your buck!