Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HVAC guys and other DIY'ers... I need some help

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where is the best place to buy a replacement electric motor for my furnace blower? The son-of-a-gun finally siezed up on me. I heard it humming when the wife and I got back from Christmas shopping tonight. I found one in Grainger that matches up, for about 125 bucks... but I didn't know if there were any other places around to check. How's that price sound? Its a 1/5 hp DD, 1050rpm, 6.7amps... 1/2"x3"shaft.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jim- I would say that is not a terrible price. I had to buy one for our furnace a couple years ago. Seems like the ballpark I was in and that was with an uncle in the business. I never tried to match up the motor at another place, but I would think just about any electric shop would be able to match numbers and such to get you in business.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just buy the must powerful electric leaf blower you can find. Then cut a hole in the side of the furnace and stuff that bad boy in there. A quick duct tape job and your done. At least that is what red green did.

lmao :smiley_clap: Love that show!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Jim did you get the motor figured out yet or not? Is this belt drive or direct drive? All this is info I need to get you hooked up.