Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wth?

saddlepants

central Ohio
Ok its twice now Ive gone into replying or posting a detail reply and the dang thing has logged me out when I hit "post"?? whats going on?? Its happened more than twice but it sucks when you go into detail about something and its just GONE

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ok its twice now Ive gone into replying or posting a detail reply and the dang thing has logged me out when I hit "post"?? whats going on?? Its happened more than twice but it sucks when you go into detail about something and its just GONE

Where you log on to the site and put in your name and password there is a little white box just under that. Check that box and that won't happen anymore :). Checking that box will keep you logged in.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Red I think there is a fix to that. I will try and find it.

Yep.. There's two options.

1. Check the box to remain logged in for keeps, then log out when done.
2. Don't take more than 20 minutes to write a post.

What I can do is set the auto log in expiration to 1 hour or 3600 seconds. But here is the problem with that and why I don't want to do it.. Someone will close their browser and walk away and it will still show them as "online" for an hour after they leave. As of now it is set to 20 minutes of inactivity. Typing a post is actually inactivity as the page is loaded already and you're simply typing in a form... But if you take more than 20 minutes to type in said inactive form your session expires. Say you hit "Submit" 30 minutes after starting. It's expired, and it will ask you to log in again as it has no Idea who you are anymore.

I will look around and see if there is some code that I can put on the page that will "save" what you typed in a cookie in the event that you reach idle time.. But in reality the fix is already there. Log in for keeps and sign out when done, or don't take longer than 20 minutes to type out a post. IDK. It's pretty standard really. But I'll look around

Last edited: