Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Car deer collisions

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Talking to a friend today that has a well established body shop. He said he's had a lot more deer collision work this fall then last year. Another thing he said is that there are more all year, not just the rut. I assume that is at least partly from coyotes chasin deer.

This is just one shop, I have no idea if this reflects others in the area or not. He said body shop owners as a group would like to see bag limits lowered. rotflmao

Oh and he had a tip. If you take a car in for deer collision repair insurance companies want either a police report or pixs of deer hair in the damage. So keep a little hair around "just in case"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Talking to a friend today that has a well established body shop. He said he's had a lot more deer collision work this fall then last year. Another thing he said is that there are more all year, not just the rut. I assume that is at least partly from coyotes chasin deer.

This is just one shop, I have no idea if this reflects others in the area or not. He said body shop owners as a group would like to see bag limits lowered. rotflmao

Oh and he had a tip. If you take a car in for deer collision repair insurance companies want either a police report or pixs of deer hair in the damage. So keep a little hair around "just in case"

This could be for any number of reasons. Some of which he's just growing as a business. Or maybe he's higher on the insurance companies "preferred shops" list.... As a whole statewide DVA numbers are down.. His business fortune is simply someone elses loss. :)

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Like I said he's well established, been in the same location for 30 years. Doubt there is a big change in his business, I know he's gotten a lot of the local agents recommendations for years. Last year he said was down, this year up from last year. Of course one shop isn't an indicator of a trend. What I found most interesting is his claim the rut is less important now.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Like I said he's well established, been in the same location for 30 years. Doubt there is a big change in his business, I know he's gotten a lot of the local agents recommendations for years. Last year he said was down, this year up from last year. Of course one shop isn't an indicator of a trend. What I found most interesting is his claim the rut is less important now.

Perhaps due to the increase in suburban deer populations?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm tellin ya, if there was a focus on suburban/urban hunting and the herd was thinned THERE everyone would be happy...ODNR, insurance companies, drivers, hunters.
Everyone 'cept the body shop guys.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Sam, which shop?????