Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gameplan Gear TTS - Torn Seams - CS Thread

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Glad to hear they stood behind their product! Glad there are still some companies out there like this!

Ditto! Glad it worked out for you JB. Looking forward to your review on this new one. I personally never bought any GPG products but hearing this perks up my interest. I've thought about getting a treestand transporter in the past but always ended up just carrying it in my free hand.

Do you wear a fanny pack then?

I just purchased a Badlands Fanny pack out of Cabelas using my X-mas gift card that my mom gave me. I am extremely happy with the design and room it has. Looking forward to putting it to the test this fall and doing my first review on it. With this I might be able to use it with a treestand transporter. What do you think?

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Ditto! Glad it worked out for you JB. Looking forward to your review on this new one. I personally never bought any GPG products but hearing this perks up my interest. I've thought about getting a treestand transporter in the past but always ended up just carrying it in my free hand.

I just purchased a Badlands Fanny pack out of Cabelas using my X-mas gift card that my mom gave me. I am extremely happy with the design and room it has. Looking forward to putting it to the test this fall and doing my first review on it. With this I might be able to use it with a treestand transporter. What do you think?

I think you will like your Badlands Fanny Ric, I really like mine. Durable and roomy.

Jim - Glad to hear they took care fo you on your TTS, these really peaked my interest last year, but I never pulled the trigger. After the reviews and great CS, I may just have to add it to the wish list again this year.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

For me, it all depends on what my plans are for the day. Normally, if I'm packing in the mobile setup (stand and sticks), I have a small little pouch that I attach to a strap of my safety harness. This pouch only holds the bare necessities... hunting license, deer tags, knife, zip ties, rubber gloves, and a spare LED flashlight. If I'm heading to a spot where I already have ladder sticks set up, I usually take my entire backpack along with me. I have a "hook" that I've attached to one end of my Millennium stand... I can attach my backpack to this hook so that my backpack lays flat against the stand while it's all on my back. It works alright, but I've been planning on switching to something smaller, more along the lines of a fanny pack.

I tell you what, Ric... and this goes for anyone carrying a stand to the woods, whether it be a hang-on, climber, or whatever... If you're not using a treestand transport system like the GPG model, you're seriously missing out. Using one will make those long walks into the woods a lot more tolerable. The stand is held close to your back, reducing the changing in your center of gravity. Basically, you can carry more, more comfortably. It's honestly one of my best investments, as far as hunting gear goes.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks for the heads up Jim! I will be buying one then. I do like to be mobile at times, especially on hunts like the Rex camp hunt this fall.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the heads up Jim! I will be buying one then. I do like to be mobile at times, especially on hunts like the Rex camp hunt this fall.

You won't be disappointed. One of the best things about the GPG TTS is that you can buy extra sets of buckles... So you can attach them to any of your treestands, and keep using the same "harness" to carry them all. It's as simple as unbuckling and rebuckling. I have a set on my Millennium, a set on my climber, and a spare set for those "just in case" situations.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where did you get yours? How much do they run?

I bought mine from Cabelas, simply because I had a bunch of points saved up. BUT, Cabelas must have had some overstock because I (unknowingly) received an outdated model. For that reason, if I were you Ric, I'd just buy it direct from Gameplan Gear. GPG is the only place I know of that carries the extra buckle sets anyway, so you might as well just kill two birds with one stone.

It's $62.95 on GPG's website... $59.99 at Cabelas.
http://www.gameplangear.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=14&idcategory=11

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks a bunch JB! Do you figure an extra pack of 8 straps would be enough? How many comes with the system? I will be making an order before the hunting rush comes.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks a bunch JB! Do you figure an extra pack of 8 straps would be enough? How many comes with the system? I will be making an order before the hunting rush comes.

8 buckles per stand. So basically, when you buy the TTS, it will connect you to ONE treestand... Then each additional set of buckles that you buy connects you to another treestand.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hmm. . . I have been debating on whether to setup 3-4 additional stands or just stay mobile on one property this year. I am not loving the walk in/out and think it will be longer sits or all day sits. I hate to hang a stand or two now and then end up going mobile mid season anyway. Might be worth the investment. You start humping a Millenium with 5-6 sticks, your Bowbat, camera stuff. . . it adds up on a 1/2 mile walk. It would be cheaper to buy one of these than to put out 2-3 more stands for sure.