Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gameplan Gear TTS - Torn Seams - CS Thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
While on my hunting trip in Morgan County, a couple of the seams on my TTS ripped apart. I just sent an email to support@gameplangear.com to see what they could do fo me... and also what I should do to prevent the same type of failure in the future. Below is the email I sent to GPG. I will keep updating the thread as I hear more. BTW, didn't we have a Customer Service section around here somewhere or am I imagining things?

Hello,

A few months ago, I purchased a new GPG TTS from Cabelas. I haven't really used it all that much, and I haven't put any amount of weight on it that I would consider extreme, but the two seams on each side of the waist belt pocket have ripped. I've been carrying my Millennium treestand (14lbs) and my hunting pack (5-10lbs) with the TTS. We have over a month of bow season still remaining here in Ohio... I'd like to keep using it and finish out the season, but I was also hoping your company could help me in rectifying the issue. I saw on archertalk.com that there was a similar issue with the 2008 models.

I have attached a few pictures for you convenience. Could you please let me know what I should do about the TTS ripping. Is there a special way the TTS needs to be adjusted to prevent this from happening? Just sitting here looking at it in my living room, it seems that they would all rip, just based on the design of it.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Jim Brown

DSCF2061.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2062.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update...

The owner of GPG replied to my email... Sounds like Cabelas is/was carrying an older model of the TTS. See Mike's response below. I'm very happy to hear that GPG is going to replace the TTS with a new one, no questions asked.

James,

We are really sorry that you had a problem with your TTS- but there is a newer version and we added some bar-tacking through all the layers on this belt area. The new version is much much stronger- and you will not have these issues with it. Simply send the torn unit back to our Dubuque Iowa warehouse-Attention Returns Dept. *Address below. We will ship you a new 2011 version replacement. Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Mike

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Glad they are taking care of you Jim. I would still be careful with the new pack, as I bought mine directly from them in September, and it still ripped.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad they are taking care of you Jim. I would still be careful with the new pack, as I bought mine directly from them in September, and it still ripped.

I'm afraid of the same thing happening. Just based on the design of it, I dont' see how it won't rip. There needs to be something that pulls the waist belt down TIGHT to the bottom of the stand... directly beneath where the shoulder straps attach. The way it is now, all that weight pulls up from the shoulder straps and stresses that small portion of the waist belt... If there was something to pull down on the waist belt, to offset the force pulling up, I think it would keep the seems from ripping. I don't know. We shall see I suppose. Has Jesse's or Milo's TTS ripped there at all?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm afraid of the same thing happening. Just based on the design of it, I dont' see how it won't rip. There needs to be something that pulls the waist belt down TIGHT to the bottom of the stand... directly beneath where the shoulder straps attach. The way it is now, all that weight pulls up from the shoulder straps and stresses that small portion of the waist belt... If there was something to pull down on the waist belt, to offset the force pulling up, I think it would keep the seems from ripping. I don't know. We shall see I suppose. Has Jesse's or Milo's TTS ripped there at all?

I agree with what you are saying Jim. I don't like the way it attaches either. Personally, I don't see why they put the pocket there. O would rather see some extra reinforcement to prevent the ripping than to have that little mesh pocket there.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mine has not ripped. Not sure what I may or may not be doing differently to prevent that, but I have had no issues. The one thing I do is to set the who assembly on something so I can step in to the straps saving me from putting all the weight on them as I pick up on the whole set up. When I put the pack on without having it set on something, I'll pick up on the stand and put one strap on, then let go and sling the other one on. I very rarely have all the weight pulling on either strap...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Mine has not ripped. Not sure what I may or may not be doing differently to prevent that, but I have had no issues. The one thing I do is to set the who assembly on something so I can step in to the straps saving me from putting all the weight on them as I pick up on the whole set up. When I put the pack on without having it set on something, I'll pick up on the stand and put one strap on, then let go and sling the other one on. I very rarely have all the weight pulling on either strap...

That's what I do now also. Once I get it on one shoulder, I use that arm to grab the base of the stand and lift up to take some of the pressure off the strap while I get the other shoulder strap on.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

I think that's where I went wrong. Both times it ripped, I heard it... and it happened as I was slinging the stand around and onto my back. So basically, I must've put the entire weight of it all onto one strap alone... thus causing the tear. I'll have to be more careful with the new one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update!

I finally got around to sending my torn TTS back to Gameplan Gear a couple weeks ago. All I did was include a copy of the email correspondence that I had with Mike.

This past Friday I received an email from Jolene, of GPG, stating my new TTS was on its way and she included the UPS tracking number. Today I got home and the package was waiting at my front door.

I received a BRAND NEW IN PACKAGE replacement Treestand Transport System. I could tell by looking at this one that GPG had made several improvements since the last version. The shoulder straps appear to be a bit beefier, the neoprene covering the buckles is sewn better and has a nicer fit around the buckles, the padding on the back panel seems thicker, and the lumbar straps seem to be reinforced better. I am EXTREMELY happy with the customer service that I received from Gameplan Gear, and I would not hesitate to buy more of their products. Definitely a fine company that makes some fine hunting and outdoors gear!

tts1.jpg
tts2.jpg
tts3.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
IMHO, GamePlan Gear is at the top of the hunting industry in terms of products and service. Any time I have corresponded with GPG, it has been prompt and attentive. I'll be a customer for life if they stay the course...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
IMHO, GamePlan Gear is at the top of the hunting industry in terms of products and service. Any time I have corresponded with GPG, it has been prompt and attentive. I'll be a customer for life if they stay the course...

I couldn't agree more. I tell ya, I was a big fan even before all this... But now after such fanstastic customer service, they've really sealed the deal with me.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Impressive service without a doubt! I spoke with the guy from GPG at the deer and Turkey Expo two years ago. My buddy and I each bought products there. He was top notch and so was their product. I was impressed with talking to him about how they go about things.