Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey jesse! THis crazy rack?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
TOO similar. Twenty miles isn't all that far unless there is something major in the way.

Dispersal? TOO many deer on your property. Eww....bad joke.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
TOO similar. Twenty miles isn't all that far unless there is something major in the way.

Dispersal? TOO many deer on your property. Eww....bad joke.

We're talking a MAJOR trip to get where he was killed. Just wouldn't make sense. And now that I see a good pic of his right side, I don't think it is him...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Are we talking 20 miles as the crow flies or 20miles on the road? Just curious. I really hope it IS a different deer. Just crazy though as they are pretty similar.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We're talking a MAJOR trip to get where he was killed. Just wouldn't make sense. And now that I see a good pic of his right side, I don't think it is him...

They can travel a great distance through some stupid stuff man.. It would amaze you the places they can end up, and when you look at it you just wonder how the hell.... That big NT jd was after last year traveled about 7 miles as a crow flies in just 2 months... Lots of open fields, houses, barns, etc.. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that they can move 20 miles.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
They can travel a great distance through some stupid stuff man.. It would amaze you the places they can end up, and when you look at it you just wonder how the hell.... That big NT jd was after last year traveled about 7 miles as a crow flies in just 2 months... Lots of open fields, houses, barns, etc.. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that they can move 20 miles.

But this deer was injured and barely moved inside a the borders of a 300 acre farm as a 3.5 year old. 20 miles?!?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm sure it's been documented that bucks have traveled that far... But fuck, 20 miles is a LONG way.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana

The buck you shot traveled that far easily as well. I'll have to show you the first spot I saw him in late august...

And Jesse, that looks like cr to me... And one thing you can guarantee out of me, only 2-3 people will ever know exactly where I kill any of my bucks...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
The thing about CR is he had a really bad injured right front shoulder. He would walk with his back all hunched up and with a very noticable limp. Like Jesse said, he had a hard enough time getting around the farm, that it just doesn't seem likely for him to travel that far. Also, with the additional pictures that were posted, the right just does not look the same, and CR wasn't old enough for his teeth to be gone. Just my opinion.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The thing about CR is he had a really bad injured right front shoulder. He would walk with his back all hunched up and with a very noticable limp. Like Jesse said, he had a hard enough time getting around the farm, that it just doesn't seem likely for him to travel that far. Also, with the additional pictures that were posted, the right just does not look the same, and CR wasn't old enough for his teeth to be gone. Just my opinion.

Maybe with bad health he was old enough to lose teeth? Even moving 2MPH it would only take him 10 hours to walk it. Spread that over a year.... not that far.