Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

anyone else have issues with outa season kill permits/ crop damage

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
this season has been bad for the most part for alot of us. i was wondering if you have anyone with crop damage permits around you and what you think about them? around my area we hardly saw any deer this year and there are alot of people around us that have these permits. its getting worse from year to year. i think we need to figure out a way to get rid of them or something. i just know my area has really went down hill, on all the properties i hunt. i dont think its fair that we pay to do what we all love to do, and they can just shoot them whenever, i say let the hunters and sportsman do it. i know of a couple farmers that dont even do anything with the meat, just let them lay and waste i dont think thats right either.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
While the nuisance permits are a part of the problem. The lack of deer numbers can't be contributes solely to that... It's the high bag limits that are causing havoc on the deer population around the state.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
thats another good point too jackalope, but i know some of the farmers get 50 or more permits a year around here it only takes a couple of years for that to catch up, the deer dont reproduce like rabbits something has to change or it wont even be fun to go sit in the woods before too long. id like to see them go back down to 2 or 3 deer limit again. i hunt near gambier fredericktown martinsburg and bladensburg. its not just one property thats went down hill,im talking about all of the places i hunt.(total of about 2300 acres).ive still seen good deer but not like i should. sightings are way down for everyone, i hope it gets better but things are gonna have to change for that to happen.