Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shotgun Scope

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What is the difference between the Viper and Viper PTS. I know that the PTS has a MRAD retical. I want a 4X16X50 mm scope with target turrets for that M700 i bought.

The PST has a bunch of small features added that make it more $. Nothing I needed but it was a great price.

Different turrets - PST has Tall uncapped turrets

Some different innards that keep everything perfect edge to edge on the glass along with having the same focal plane edge to edge so when using edge mildots they are as accurate as the center ones.

Coolest PST feature to me is the CRS Zero Stop - Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) prevents dialing more than one rotation below your zero so you don't lose the zero when dialing large amounts of elevation corrections. Keeps jackholes like me from loosing zero.

And the standard stuff for higher priced scopes like illumination on everything and reticle options (mrad or MOA)

IF you just want a good scope for the money I recommend the Viper. If want an ultimate style scope then PST. Vortex just has awesome optics... Hell I have a Crossfire on one and it is sweet. I will take it over a VX I and day.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I can't do any better on it right now. Best bet would be OP. I will look for them when I get the new lists. They change monthly although weekly sometimes. Whenever the PST's come available they go quickly. When I bought mine it was the last one and there were 5 guys wanting it. But it was a deal at $489 I believe.