Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Christmas Lists

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
No christmas here this year. We will try to scrape up a few bucks to buy the grandkids something but there simply isnt any money for frivolous things like christmas gifts here. I believe the wife is planning on puting up the tree and having some sort of dinner but thats it. Our kids are all grown anyway, the youngest being 15. My 2 boys live with their mother. one is 18, the other fifteen. neither one of them has the time to resond to a text, return a phone call much less come over to visit once in a while. sorry, got nothing for ya. My oldest stepdaughter lives off the system, she lies to us and steals from us. nothing for ya. the stepson is 21 and about a month after moving in with us quit his job. He now lives here for free with no resposibilities, nothing for you either. The youngest stepdaughter has turned into a defiant little snot. Wont lift a finger to help out around here, and has decided to backtalk us. I wish i had the money to give my mom and my wife something but it dosent look good.

Truth is it dosent bother me at all. society has lost site of what christmas is anyway. There was a time when the naughty and nice list actually meant something. Kids nowadays can act like complete turds all year and still expect to see a laptop or some other high dollar electronic gadget on christmas day. You put a lump of coal in a kids stocking now and they will either shoot you in your sleep or have you arrested for cruelty.

Call me a scrooge if you want, whatever. i'll even toss out a "humbug" if you want. But with 14 million people out of work, and the economy in the toilet. I really dont want to see the commercials of the "happy" people giving each other luxury cars and diamonds for christmas. It just leads to more resentment and a greater divide between the upper crust and the suffering middle class. Is'nt christmas about everybody getting along and careing for each other? seems to me rubbing it in how good the wealthy people have it is going to have the opposite effect.

I guess if I had a "christmas wish" it would be "peace on earth" and in my own house.
I have found myself sunk into a depression that i just cant shake and a feeling of hopelessness that wont go away.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
When I say quad it is mostly a joke. If I were to get one it would be after Christmas and be VERY used. lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
When I say quad it is mostly a joke. If I were to get one it would be after Christmas and be VERY used. lol

I would like to have the same lmao.

What I really want for Christmas is more time in the day to get things done. With training for so long and being gone from home all week long and only having the weekends to get things done isn't good. I have a ton of things to finish and no time to do it. Grrrr.

RUT NUT

I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! With a compass in the stock!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle! With a compass in the stock!

Here ya go...................

"Now you'll get yours Black Bart"

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
i would like to be able to touch children and make them well .
May God Bless You And Yours Always Hoot. Don't know you yet and think the whole world of you...Takes a Special Person To Even Think Like That! Freakin made me speechless and take a moment to myself!

RUT NUT

Here ya go...................

"Now you'll get yours Black Bart"

Haha! That is great! I knew someone would get a kick out of that. A few did....but you just took it to a whole new level! That Tshirt is awesome! You don't have the leg lamp do you?

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
The biggest thing I need are clothes. Mine are all too big and hanging off me.

The biggest thing I want is a new lens for my Cannon T2i. At $700 I asked for gift cards to defray my cost.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well, it's that time of year again...What do you want for Christmas?

This really does get harder as your get older...there's nothing I want. I'll love getting to see my family and doing some late season hunting, that's obviously what's most important. Not being a Grinch, but there's just not much that I need/want.

I could use some ideas. I know one thing on my list is a zip knife (thanks for that one Hoyt). http://www.basspro.com/Gerber-E-Z-Zip-Knife/product/49489/127313

Man Huck I can't beleive the price on that! When i got mine it was a Wal-Mart for like $5

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wanted boxers, socks, wife beaters, and NCAA 2012 for the XBox. Told our parents to get us gift cards to Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Last year, we used those to stock up on paper towels, shit paper, and laundry items that lasted us through September. It sucks getting old...