Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

where I say....

chetter74

never give up 2 yrs ago i didn't kill my 1st deer till the last day of muzzleloader ( got 2 that day ) . I hunted my ass off that year and only saw 2-3 deer till then . Every one has slow years stick it out things will come around.

FredT

SE Ohio
All of the deer are hanging out at my house. We are having a good time!

saddlepants

central Ohio
never give up 2 yrs ago i didn't kill my 1st deer till the last day of muzzleloader ( got 2 that day ) . I hunted my ass off that year and only saw 2-3 deer till then . Every one has slow years stick it out things will come around.

Fred thats just wrong , lol. Ive hunted for over ten years now and have gave deer away nearly every year but the last three. Ive gotten one small doe and then the freezer broke in the late spring and I lost THAT. Your just a meaner, lol

FredT

SE Ohio
Saddlepants, I live in Guernsey county. It is always in the top five counties for deer take. There is lots of good huntable land here, Salt Fork park which always gets pounded and lots of deer. I always get my man er deer. Just not at my house. My place is a safe haven except for big bucks. I got a few places out here that always produce. Some years its a long hard hunt, other years its just a walk in the park. (Literally, Salt Fork) This year was an easy year. Last year I went antlerless but got 3 does. Hang in there and post a pic of what you end up with. You are working TOO hard to not be successful.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Saddlepants, I live in Guernsey county. It is always in the top five counties for deer take. There is lots of good huntable land here, Salt Fork park which always gets pounded and lots of deer. I always get my man er deer. Just not at my house. My place is a safe haven except for big bucks. I got a few places out here that always produce. Some years its a long hard hunt, other years its just a walk in the park. (Literally, Salt Fork) This year was an easy year. Last year I went antlerless but got 3 does. Hang in there and post a pic of what you end up with. You are working TOO hard to not be successful.

Oh I know, when I was in Cosh county it was easy pickens. I just secured a Farm in Johnstown area for next year. Me and one other guy only YAY! they already have 4 this year and that more than they like so they JUST said its up for my good friends uncle and I for next year.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Its is. Im not sure but its a couple hundred acres I think. Didnt want to get TOO aggressive with my questions this morning but Its a start. I cant go out and advertise looking for land to lease. Being a "alone" small female I feel thats asking for trouble so Im sticking with waiting and looking for prospects from "safe" friends and relationships. Im just looking for a place I can get back to some "real" hunting. Scouting, having more than one "spot" and at least one other person to work with in that respect, this being her uncle whom I have not yet met but they are good people from what I can tell from her over the last two years Ive known her. Trying not to get myself TOO excited, lol.