Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monday - gun opener

Diablo54

Outside
I am going.........Only because I have a fella sneaking in and using a couple of my stands on the back-side of the thicket.......If he comes in this morning I have a camera in hand waiting on him....
If he does get in one on my stands.........Think I'll be in trouble for cutting the ladder down and leaving him up there?

Whats he gonna do "Climb down" and tell on yourotflmao

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Switched stands for lack of action. Headed to another site to pull down my Millenium bracket. Saw a nice buck that has a lot of potential. Grabbed the bracket and headed to another stand. Saw two dogs, jumped a small buck, and a coyote.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My buddy and my dad are out right now, they havent heard a shot all morning. I think its just because everyone shot them last night and are tagging them in today. Not all them shots I heard last night was people sighting in their guns. I know the yahoos around me all too well. I will be out of the woods for two weeks. I need a break from the frustration.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I looked at the weather report yesterday and switched my vacation to Thursday and Friday when it will be colder. My brother couldn't change his so he is getting soaked according to my father, who is sitting comfortably in a shed/blind. Not many shots heard down there according to dad.

Good luck to everyone who is out...we want pictures!

saddlepants

central Ohio
Having some soup. Cold and damp out there this morning, not allot of shots. Had three does BLAST behind me not 40 feet out of nowhere. Of Course I wasnt fast enough shouldering my shotgun. I was sitting facing the other way on the Other side of a big tree on the ground. Shook me up cause they scared the crap out of me, then I was pissed. They blew and ran across the corn field (not mine to shoot in) so I had to let them go. They paused out there too within range. Dammiit anyhow.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Rdude and I just came in to dry out and get a bite. Some shooting but not like usuall.
Just sat down w/ fresh cup of coffee and looked at Mom's yard next door... 3 doe.
( and no there was no shot with out hitting her house or Jeep! )

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Rdude and I just came in to dry out and get a bite. Some shooting but not like usuall.
Just sat down w/ fresh cup of coffee and looked at Mom's yard next door... 3 doe.
( and no there was no shot with out hitting her house or Jeep! )

CJD called me just as I got out of my wet gear, I looked out to my Mom's yard and say "Fugggggggg" I could have stayed dry, sipping coffee at my Mom's house, steped out and Bam! Now CJD,Mom and I live out in the woods by ourseleves so we can do that, lol.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Oh, and I guess I have put on some weight since wearing my hunter orange jacket, I am surprised CJD did not break out the ole "Big guy in a little suite" line from Tommy Boy, lol.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Decided to work today instead of wearing my waders out to hunt deer. Maybe later this week when things dry up & cool off. Good luck out there guys!!