Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monday - gun opener

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good luck to all who will be out tomorrow. Be safe and shoot straight. I'll be out on county land for a permit hunt. I hope the rain is not TOO bad.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck Mike! Had some issues with my muzzle loader and think I have them figured out now. Doctor's appointment in the morning, verify the muzzle loader is indeed dialed in, and maybe a short sit in the afternoon. If not, later in the week works for me just fine. Probably carry the ol' Remington slug gun to hunt anyhow.

Huckleberry Finn

Good luck Mike! Had some issues with my muzzle loader and think I have them figured out now. Doctor's appointment in the morning, verify the muzzle loader is indeed dialed in, and maybe a short sit in the afternoon. If not, later in the week works for me just fine. Probably carry the ol' Remington slug gun to hunt anyhow.

You have had that damn gun for what, 2 years? and you still don't have it sighted in and function? Come freakin on Hicks!

--

I'm gonna be a shitty mood all week. Though I'm growing to love gun hunting, missing Opener #4 in a row for me sucks ass and I'm grumpy...

--

Oh yea, and good luck. Put those smart phones to use and keep us updated!

FredT

SE Ohio
I'm a puss and don't want to go out in the pouring rain. I already got one so I will wait until Wednesday or Thursday when it is dryer.

I had Mon. & Tue. scheduled off on vacation days, but I'm going in to work tomorrow and changing my days off. I've been out in all day rains, for geese, but I won't do it for deer.

I'll take a personal day for Wed. and push my two vacation days back to Thur. & Fri. and hope for the best. It'll be colder and dryer and the bucks should be moving.

Judging by all the target shooting I've been hearing in the surrounding neighborhood, I'd say there's going to be plenty of guys out there to stir them up and keep them moving. Good luck to everyone...keep your head down and shoot straight. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You have had that damn gun for what, 2 years? and you still don't have it sighted in and function? Come freakin on Hicks!

--

I'm gonna be a shitty mood all week. Though I'm growing to love gun hunting, missing Opener #4 in a row for me sucks ass and I'm grumpy...

--

Oh yea, and good luck. Put those smart phones to use and keep us updated!

I picked it up last season. I had it dialed in under under 100yds last year. Took it out to re-verify and it threw me a curve ball after half a dozen rounds. Took it home to find the nipple majorly fouled. I am still trying to find that perfect combination load for it. I think I have it figured out now. If not, the 870 or 44mag will do the job. Hell, might even take the bow out. lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good luck to those hitting the woods. I will not be able to go even if I wanted to brave it lol. Be safe and don't forget to post up some pics around here lol.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am contemplating going....it is pouring and supposed to continue in my area the whole day. Decision, decisions.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got the Optima and the Mossy 500 sighted in yesterday. Tracie and I are headed to a blind over looking a thick draw. Gonna sit until lunch, then head to my uncles to drive, then back to the farm for an evening sit. I haven't carried a gun in 4 years, so something might die today!!!

Be safe all!!!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I am going.........Only because I have a fella sneaking in and using a couple of my stands on the back-side of the thicket.......If he comes in this morning I have a camera in hand waiting on him....
If he does get in one on my stands.........Think I'll be in trouble for cutting the ladder down and leaving him up there?

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Eating breakfast at the cafe right now getting ready to head out as soon as everyone is done eating. We'll see how wet I get in the stand.