Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PreWork Buck - Recap

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My cousin came over this evening and we skinned the buck out. Some of you may remember that last year during the second weekend of bow my oldest boy stuck an 8 point in the shoulder.... or so we thought. As we were skinning this one we came across a lump on the right back hip. After cutting it out we discovered an insert and a broadhead. The broadhead is a slick trick which is what he shot that day. The only thing I can't figure out is I swear he hit that buck in front right shoulder, not the back right hip. However, I was in a tree stand above the blind and I was partially blocked from the shot. My dad was in the blind and he was twisted around so he couldn't move a whole lot to see perfectly. At any rate, it looks like this was the buck Kody hit last year.

Pics in the next post

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
When we first discovered it we found the insert. We could just feel it and wasn't sure what the heck it was. So we cut it out and the it started to come together. We searched for the broadhead and we found the slicktricks. The blades were intact, but I was bale to seperate the one and clean it up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322005327.729922.jpg

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here are some pics of the entrance and exit. Them slick tricks can do a number. The top pic is the entrance and he was slightly quartering away. You can also tell it was a pretty good angle as the exit is by the opposite armpit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322005386.885942.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322005404.033083.jpg

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
You done good again Ol Buddy........I'd certainly be proud to get a buck and still make it to work......That Is Bad AZZ!...Congrats!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, the final chapter on my 2011 buck has been written. Rick (xbowguy) sent my skull mount out to me a few days ago and it arrived in the mail today. The brains of the operation, Diane, did a wonderful job on it and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I can't thank both of them enough. I must say, Rick went above and beyond customer service by shipping this out to me from Newark to Wintersville.

In regard to the mount, I'm waiting on the arrowhead plaque from my father in law who is a great woodworker. So, as soon as it's done I'll get a pic of him hanging up. In the mean time, here are some pics of the skull mount on my den desk. I think you guys will agree that Diane did a fantastic job!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Well, the final chapter on my 2011 buck has been written. Rick (xbowguy) sent my skull mount out to me a few days ago and it arrived in the mail today. The brains of the operation, Diane, did a wonderful job on it and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I can't thank both of them enough. I must say, Rick went above and beyond customer service by shipping this out to me from Newark to Wintersville.

In regard to the mount, I'm waiting on the arrowhead plaque from my father in law who is a great woodworker. So, as soon as it's done I'll get a pic of him hanging up. In the mean time, here are some pics of the skull mount on my den desk. I think you guys will agree that Diane did a fantastic job!

Dang that is nice. I would definitely get my next one done this way.