Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tele Check Q&A on FB page

saddlepants

central Ohio
Some are being downright stupid or they dont know how to read the regs? Or both? Like how do you print a landowner tag in the field?? Seriously? pencil and paper dumbass as always before, geesh!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Some are being downright stupid or they dont know how to read the regs? Or both? Like how do you print a landowner tag in the field?? Seriously? pencil and paper dumbass as always before, geesh!

I think they were making the point you can't do it to take to the processor to drop the meat off.... most seem to not like the system... from what I've seen of it could use some streamlining but the system is new for us and is a work in progress lol....

camofry

*Supporting Member*
The DNR Face Book page has a Q&A on the new TELE check system, if any of you have any questions they are saying too post then there.... Of course there are some folks that are being a little beligerant on there but all and all seems pretty good.... Check it out....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ohiodivisionofwildlife

I hear the tele-check sys took a big crash this weekend. Over loaded and and started dropping calls in the middle of checking, Then when you would try again it would tell you you have already used the tag number but never give the permanent number. Some gave up and went to check stations only to be told they only check land owner tags. This makes you wonder how who got feed up and just took the deer home with no tag.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I hear the tele-check sys took a big crash this weekend. Over loaded and and started dropping calls in the middle of checking, Then when you would try again it would tell you you have already used the tag number but never give the permanent number. Some gave up and went to check stations only to be told they only check land owner tags. This makes you wonder how who got feed up and just took the deer home with no tag.

Also makes you wonder how they published harvest numbers above last years...

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I was all for the Tele-Check when they first started it all, telling us all the money and time it would save, But I can see it going bad FAST.