Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

saddlepants

central Ohio
As mentioned in the other thread I am interested in teaching. Maybe involved in "women of the outdoors" or some other venue. I have envisioned a hunting clinic for women that involves everything from clothing resources to safety to general hunting knowledge designed especially for women and girls and the issues and challenges we face. This is where I wanted to keep a doe for a pet and use her for anatomy and shot placement. Airbrushing the internal organs on the body on one side and bone structure on the other the way it has been done to teach horsemanship. Ever since I went to a Charlie Alsheimer clinic Ive envisioned this. Guys ask your hunting wives and girlfriends if this is something they might be interested in.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
One local gun club in my area had a weekend event just for women and guns a couple years back. They could pick from a general introduction to firearms, hand gun ( personal protection) and shot gun. (trap/skeet and hunting)
They had a good turn out. Although men were involved too, each group had one or two women instructing in part. Generally there is interest but many will not seek instruction out unless they have a friend or family member to show. Access to a shooting range also was a reason some did not go before then. Some club members brought their own guns that others with-out could shoot. Amo was also donated for exposure to newbies.
The club picked up 5-6 new members after the weekend class. It was a win/win for both the club and the new shooters.