Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My Story,My Hunt and My Season

Schu72

Streetsboro
Great story and buck Ric. I read this at work the other day, but can't see most pics on my work computer. Man glad I went back to look from home. Pics are awesome.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Wow Ric, just sat down and read the first part of the story again along with the ending, and all I can say is wow. Congrats on taking an awesome deer and a true freakin' stud. I love seeing you guys connect on big bucks! Keeps me motivated to get back in the stand day after day.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Once again congrats on a fine buck. I was so excited for you to kill this buck as you know from all the times I tried calling you after your first text...lol... We must of both been in bad areas... Anyways you deserved this buck after the year you have had and all the hard work and effort you put into this season. I recommend you do a nice pedestal mount on this fine buck. You'll enjoy it a lot more...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks again guys! The adrenalin was still flowing thru the ole veins and hour after I got down and walked over to him. I called in to the tagging system sitting down right beside him and started taking a few pics and looked at my bow wondering what da heck happened to my quiver! HA.........I left it hanging in the tree less than 40 yards away! lmao. I climbed up the stand to fetch it and then realized I have an arrow still stuck in the ground in the beanfield! Thought I'd better get it out then before I forgot and the farmer poked a hole in his tractor tire. It wasn't too hard to find, I just followed the massive amounts of blood right to it.

BOTTOMLINE: I could have just as easily stayed home and not hunted because of the crappy weather that was on it's way and as little BIG buck movement I was seeing during the week prior. I was just in the right place at the right time and got another opportunity at him. I saw a few 2.5 year olds on their feet the last few days and thought maybe one of the target bucks might be back on lonely street as well.

I stopped by yesterday during the afternoon to check to see if the gutpile was still there and three trucks showed up before I left with a couple bowhunters in each one of them. One truck parked right where I was parked on Monday and the guy getting out I'd never seen before. Sure am glad I pulled my cams and two treestands this past week. I left two other stands up(one being a LW) which I will pull this week.

Goodluck again to everyone still chasing em!

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Just got around to getting caught up on things Ric....that is a great end to a season, its funny how things work out especially when you are faced with the trials of life that you have been thru in the past year. This season has to be very meaningful to you, congrats! I was very excited to get your pics on the way up north the other day. Awesome story and deer, way to stick with it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Finally had a chance to sit down and read this in its entirety and all I have to say is :smiley_clap: Ric!!! Congrats on a great buck brother and I'm glad I was on the phone tree that morning. I have not met many hunters in my life with the enthusiasm you display for the sport. I don't know many hunters who are more deserving of this trophy than you my friend. A truly awesome story buddy!!!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Great Buck Ric ! Ron text us a pic of it when you got it but them little cell phone screens (and my old eyes) leave a lot to be desired! Thanks for sharing such a GREAT STORY AND PICTURES with us all ~~ That my friend is a DANDY to be proud of! And to think you got to see him fall...TOTALLY PRICELESS !

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
We roughed him out to gross right at or around 160" typical and with side to side deductions and the 3.6/8" split on his G2 he has about 8.5" total so he'll net in the low 150's somewhere. But I don't care what he nets though. lol

Thanks for all the compliments TOOzers! Goodluck to you all as well.

You was pretty close with your numbers Ric. I don't know how I missed this but my guess is because this is about the time I ended up in the hospital and wasn't feeling to good the entire week lol.
Glad I got caught up on this story. Congrats on a helluva buck man.
(The pics look much better on a better, bigger screen lmao)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks to all who read my story and for all the nice compliments as well. I wish each and everyone of you out there still hunting for your target bucks or hit list candidates all the goodluck in the world thru the rest of the season.