Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL New in box 2010 Z28's 400$

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
So what is Elite going to do to clear its name? If one of the selling points of these bows is that it has the awesome tranferable warranty how are they going to police this? If I am looking to buy a used Elite off a guy how is he going to "prove" to me that the warranty is going to be good? I know I won't buy one without it. They are going to have to set up an easy way of verifying.

Also, in my mind Elite is not out of the woods/off the hook in my mind. You never know they may have completely dicked G5 on a contract? I will wait until it unfolds before forming an opinion.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So what is Elite going to do to clear its name? If one of the selling points of these bows is that it has the awesome tranferable warranty how are they going to police this? If I am looking to buy a used Elite off a guy how is he going to "prove" to me that the warranty is going to be good? I know I won't buy one without it. They are going to have to set up an easy way of verifying.

Also, in my mind Elite is not out of the woods/off the hook in my mind. You never know they may have completely dicked G5 on a contract? I will wait until it unfolds before forming an opinion.

These bows are not being sold, manufactured, marketed, or covered by elite.. Look at them as clones being sold by a prior authorized manufacturer. As for the warranty issues on them later hitting the market I would highly suggest getting a picture of the serial number and then calling elite to verify it's coverage.

Who knows how this will all shake out in the end.. Elite may simply publish a range of SN that are not covered..

Either way.. Take it to the bank.. These bows are not Elites and will not be covered.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
From a buyers standpoint it is an Elite. Name badges and everything. Not like a Taurus knock off of the Beretta. It used to made on the same exact machines.

I have a feeling a manufacture like G5 isn't going to do something like this unless provoked by broken contract or the like. It isn't like Elite is the only line coming out of there. Again, we will see. If it is G5 just being sore and not managing their own inventory well...I am sure Elite will sue the hell out of them and win.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
From a buyers standpoint it is an Elite. Name badges and everything. Not like a Taurus knock off of the Beretta. It used to made on the same exact machines.

I have a feeling a manufacture like G5 isn't going to do something like this unless provoked by broken contract or the like. It isn't like Elite is the only line coming out of there. Again, we will see. If it is G5 just being sore and not managing their own inventory well...I am sure Elite will sue the hell out of them and win.

Is a Rolex you bought from a Nigerian dude in the park still a Rolex? It has the badges, labels, and exact looks.. Heck, many clones come off the same line.. Find Levi jeans in Korea 10-1 they cam off the same line.. Levi submitted an order for 100,000 they made 120,000 and sold 20,000 on the side after the order. Happens every day overseas. I guarantee there is litigation of some sorts in the works.. And perhaps the outcome of said litigation and compensation will include cost for warranty work.. Pure speculation. All i know right now is there are 0 plans to cover these bows.

Is a Rolex you bought from a Nigerian dude in the park still a Rolex? It has the badges, labels, and exact looks.. Heck, many clones come off the same line.. Find Levi jeans in Korea 10-1 they cam off the same line.. Levi submitted an order for 100,000 they made 120,000 and sold 20,000 on the side after the order. Happens every day overseas. I guarantee there is litigation of some sorts in the works.. And perhaps the outcome of said litigation and compensation will include cost for warranty work.. Pure speculation. All i know right now is there are 0 plans to cover these bows.

There warranty registration an transfer system is CRAP..I dont know how they plan to sort the good from the bad....The 2012 Strother Wrath is looking like it might get a test drive from me.:smiley_chinrub:32in ATA 8in BH an 330fps IBO.. I like those specs:pickle: ...Hey milo they doing binary cams on them bows now??Sure looks like it....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
This is what you get for going into business with family...lol

Joe this isn't Asia. You would think an injunction would have been ordered if Elite had enough "ammo" on their side. At least as cease and desist would be posted by Elite showing customers that something is being done. A lot of times they are made public by the company issueing them anyway.

This site has been up for quite a while and it is still selling these Elite branded bows. You would think something would have happened by now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This is what you get for going into business with family...lol

Joe this isn't Asia. You would think an injunction would have been ordered if Elite had enough "ammo" on their side. At least as cease and desist would be posted by Elite showing customers that something is being done. A lot of times they are made public by the company issueing them anyway.

This site has been up for quite a while and it is still selling these Elite branded bows. You would think something would have happened by now.

Since there isn't an injunction, that usually means both parties have a justification to why they believe they're legal or not. If both parties can present justification a judge isn't going to rule to stop anything, it will need to go through full litigation and afterward damages will be awarded to the winner.... If I started doing this in my garage you would bet i would have an injunction the next day... However i bet there is more to this... If it was a contract issue I'm not sure why G5 wouldn't just shelf the bows and sued vs trying to sell them... Which opens them up to infringement litigation.... Who knows.. Speculation.. Bottom line.. As of now there are no plans to warranty the Elite clones made by G5

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hardly find a Judge that doesn't feel like he knows who is right ;) Usually, after something like this the company that is being infringed upon (Elite) would make it known (loudly) that this is not their product and it is not covered. Speculation only hurts them. Really curious to see what comes out of this now. Any press is good press, right?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hardly find a Judge that doesn't feel like he knows who is right ;) Usually, after something like this the company that is being infringed upon (Elite) would make it known (loudly) that this is not their product and it is not covered. Speculation only hurts them. Really curious to see what comes out of this now. Any press is good press, right?

Hence i was saying both parties may think they're right.. But there is also a level of doubt... They would say something unless they think that G5 might actually have a leg to stand on in court... Then they would keep their mouth shut as not to purger themselves or do something that could be later construed as damages if G5 wins.

Like with any good case.. Civil or Criminal.. Keep your mouth shut and let the lawyers do what you pay them too. Damages will all come out in the wash, be them reputation, product, image, market etc... Someone will pay... Opening your mouth is a sure fire way to run that bill up if you loose.

Last edited: