Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pants.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Looking for options. I need a pair of hunting pants with the following features.

- Waterproof (and not waterproof for one washing like the crap Bass pro tries to pimp)
- Good wind barrier/shield
- Light weight
- Actual belt loops, zipper, and button
- non insulated

What do you recommend? Don't wanna spend $150 bones if I don't have to. Some of the fleece blends seem viable but some run almost $300 for pants. I usually prefer bibs but need pants so Ican carry in my preferred method (IWB).

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've been looking for something similar, but it has to have room for my retard sized junk..

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My honest opinion is that you want something that does not exist. You'll have to give somewhere. The vast majority of wind proof stuff is insulated. A lot of waterproof stuff is not wind proof and if it is, it is usually insulated. Have you looked the UA line of stuff?

Huckleberry Finn

I am located regionally close to an under armour outlet store, and also close to Beener when I travel home. They mark down the camo stuff like crazy, and it's somewhat practical since he's close to me...

Huckleberry Finn

If there's something specific you want, shoot me a pm. I got a $90 vest for $50...warm too, whoever's house I leave it at should be real happy.