Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How much wind is TOO much???

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Go hunting no matter rain snow wind hail tornadoes or anything else....this is November 11th OMO! There is no such thing as too much wind during the prime rut.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ditto.. And somewhere the wind isn't blowing as hard. Opposite hillside, around a cove etc, find that spot and you'll find the does. And there the bucks will be also.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
You can get away with a lot more movement in a tree when it's windy....that comes in handy especially when drawing the bow. As far as safety tips go, do what you normally do, but be extra careful when you stand up. Try to remain seated more than normal and if you have to shoot sitting down then do it to keep your stability.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well it will be the 13th an 14th.I just didnt know if i should stick to the same funnel I FELT might produce..Or change tactics due to the wind?The direction is GREAT just FASSST ..What about safety in a tree?Any tips?

A. Make sure it ain't dead... Or has any dead limbs that may contact your noggin if they fall....

B. See A....

C. Wear a SAFETY harness anytime you're in a tree.....

D. See C....

Enough said... Now go get them.... or it or she or he or whatever... you know what I mean.... rotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good deal fellas!! I wont be able to hear them well an the same for them hearing me...Even on non windy days its noisy due to me sitting 50yrds from I70..

I have tinitus in both ears.... finding that its getting harder too hear them coming through the leaves.... but you make up for it by staying aware of your surroundings.....

huntnfool

Thornville
I have tinitus in both ears.... finding that its getting harder too hear them coming through the leaves.... but you make up for it by staying aware of your surroundings.....

I feel your pain here. I have tinnitus in my left ear and it sucks. Got it from one shotgun blast. Anyway the deer should be moving soon I HOPE!