Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ok, who here has the biggest interest in whitetail hunting conservation

saddlepants

central Ohio
This is for my essay, just a couple of quick simple interview questions. You dont have to be qualified in anything except some knowledge of whitetail habitat conservation and just share a good interest in conservation in our hunting sport, where it was and how far its come. Simple. I need someone today. Prefer one who has been hunting for many years and practices some form of this on his hunting property. Please? Anyone?

saddlepants

central Ohio
1. How do you feel the history of hunting has changed since the implement of limits and restrictions put in place by the department of natural resources?

2. What types of improvements have you made to your land to attract the wildlife you prefer to hunt and what types of wildlife do you attract and hunt?

3. Do you feel it is the hunters responsibility to be proactive in conservation efforts?

You guys just answer all three questions in your responses with a quoted response and Ill take it from there.

Buckmaster

Portage
1. How do you feel the history of hunting has changed since the implement of limits and restrictions put in place by the department of natural resources?
Since the 1940's harvest records indicate less than 5,000 deer per year. This occured thru the 1960s. Today our annual harvest exceeds 100,000 and farmers and insurance companies are still complaining.

2. What types of improvements have you made to your land to attract the wildlife you prefer to hunt and what types of wildlife do you attract and hunt?
My improvements are providing food plots, mineral licks, sanctuary areas, instilled 4 point on one side antler restrictions, and take as many does as possible on my lot in Jefferson Co. Since my camp's inception in 2000 we have harvested 121 deer mainly does. I hunt deer and turkey.

3. Do you feel it is the hunters responsibility to be proactive in conservation efforts? Yes, absolutely I do. Pass it on.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What a great day in TOO history!!! We had a turd and Depends joke followings a woman on the rag leaving spotty blood trails marked with "scent wicks" on the first and third days. Unbelievable!!! :smiley_crocodile: If you can hang with this crowd, you can survive anywhere!!!

saddlepants

central Ohio
when Its done sure. Its a two part thing. this Essay is not really the entire thing. Essay 3 puts it all together at the end of the quarter , this was just an annotated bibliography and a PITA (pain in the arse) in my book