Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I am really excited about this weekend.

matt hougan

Dayton area
My oldest son and I will be headed to the land of Woody Hayes for a weekend of deer hunting together. Packing the tent, stove, cooler, groceries, some brats. May even share a beer with him by the camp fire, we'll see. Temps should very pleasent for camping and its the rut...............woohoo!

I absolutely can't wait.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I think things are really going to kick in this weekend. Thursday and friday them temps are going to drop pretty good. Good luck, get a big one.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Big preparation day today. Picked up some camo clothes and new boots for Nathan. Browned sausage and pre scrambled
2 dozen eggs. Brats got a good hot soak in some miller lite, snacks,lunch meat, cigars, toilet paper, tent, air matress, open fire grill top, fresh batteries in the flash lights. We are all set. I'll smoke our hunting clothes tomorrow.

matt hougan

Dayton area
We have arrived at camp. Tent is set up. Stinking brand new air matress has a hole. We'll see if the patch holds the night. Other than that this is alot of fun. Wish I had not forgotten the mustard for the beer brats, they were still pretty good.

matt hougan

Dayton area
Today was awesome. Nathan shouldered his crossbow three times today. A big doe came in this morning within 60yards but turned away from us. This evening we had two young bucks pay us a visit. The safety even came off on the second buck but he stayed just out of range. I made a great 30 yard shot on a grey squirrel that was pestering us. Nathan and I laughed until our sides hurt. We are having a great time, except when Nathan took a sip of his beer. He gagged and spent the next ten minutes trying to spit it out. Good times!

Last edited: