Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

what if??

i have read alot of threads over the years about bucks getting over the property line . seems everybody sais . go get it . i understand that . my question is . why cant i remember ready a story about a doe going over the property line , and someone bitchn about not being able to recover it?

you here about planes and choppers being rented to recover big bucks . but it seems nobody goes out on a limb for a doe . or is it just me?

im not saying you are wrong for trespassing, or renting a chopper . but it seems bucks are alot more important than a doe .

i know what i would do and what i have done . , h

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The answer is easy, Hoot... antlers. People will do just about anything for a nice rack (literally). For me personally, I wouldn't give two shits whether it's a doe or a buck... If it crosses the property line, I'm going to get it. I give every deer I shoot the same amount of effort toward recovery.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've walked over a lot of fences in my day for does, with and without permission. I go get my deer regardless of what's between me and it...

epe

Lancaster
I don't shoot a lot of does, but I would go after them too. If I did either I wouldn't let it be known on the net though..

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Respect of the animal. I won't cross a line to hunt one but if I hit doe or a buck, I'm going to make every effort to recover it.
Where ever that may lead.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
CJD, stated perfectely. I'll be 100% ethical and not cross a property line, unless i lose and animal over the line. You owe it to the animal to recover it, no matter what the circumstances.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
when I first moved to where I live now I shot a buck in the shoulder and he made it across the road to a "no no" property. Even after explaining it to the landowner he said the coyotes would be eating good. Another local guy knew what had happened and actually found the skull while mushroom hunting the nixt spring. I've seen that ract sitting in his barn and offered him $150 which was all I had on me and he wouldn't take it. Guessing it went around 155 inches. I know what I'll do from now on, buck or doe

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I can tell ya Hoot that I tried doing things the supposed right way and have not been very successful, whether it is a buck or doe next time things will be done different, I will leave it at.

i have done the same thing . just go get it . i know the people around me that will let ya . i guess thats a good thing for being in one spot for so long . i would just go get it . and i am strongly agenst trespassing . ut there is a time to break the rules . im just saying that when ever you hear of this happaning . it is allways a buck . i dont ever remember reading about a doe being lost .

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
your point is spot on Hoot - a deer's a deer, and should be given the same consideration regardless of sex.
Kinda like Title 9 for deer.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
It cant go in the freezer if its sitting in someones backyard rotting.

I firmly believe "you keep what you kill" buck or doe, dosent matter.

saddlepants

central Ohio
I wont hunt across but I will sure as hell go get one I shot. Like another said meat is meat. If I know the landowner I might ask if I think its gonna be a long track but If its near I just rather go get it and Ill drag it back across before gutting if possible. Except in the case of the guy who shot at my landowner and then shot a cop! But he is in Prison now so its safe there - the feds own the land and there not around, lol...matter of fact my landowner is maintaining that land now so ...