Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My testament to the Scent Smoker

Huckleberry Finn

Do you still wash your clothes as much when you use the smoker?

No. I wash 'em at the end of the season and store them in totes with smoke. Actually I don't think I washed half my stuff last year. I'm not a scent control freak though, and I know many do. I just smoke and go...it's worked so far. I guess the smoker is so good it makes up for being lazy and an unexperienced hunter...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I wash my clothes fairly often, but I'm a scent freak. If I sweat, or am around something that stinks (my wife and her smell good stuff) I wash them. Is say I wash my stuff half a dozen times once the season starts.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wash after every 2-3 hunts. I'm one of the most anal scent control guys you'll find, I just happen to be a smoker TOO. If I sweat at all, I wash my clothes. The cleaner you keep them, the more effective the smoke will be people...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wash my clothes fairly often, but I'm a scent freak. If I sweat, or am around something that stinks (my wife and her smell good stuff) I wash them. Is say I wash my stuff half a dozen times once the season starts.

Same here. I wash my clothes whenever they need it.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
i wash after every 2-3 hunts. I'm one of the most anal scent control guys you'll find, i just happen to be a smoker too. If i sweat at all, i wash my clothes. the cleaner you keep them, the more effective the smoke will be people...

yep

saddlepants

central Ohio
I have enough in totes to wear for about three to four hunts then I have a full load so I guess I wash them like regular laundry, I will wear the outers a few times smoking up in between but I got lucky end of season was visiting michigan and stumbled upon a lady unloading a case of hunters laundry soap (dont member da name of it but popular) and bought about four bottles about a buck apiece. was low on funds or I woulda bought the whole case!!

epe

Lancaster
I wash my clothes that touch my skin, ie. Underwear, pants, etc anytime I sweat. I am Anal about scent. I have about 5 of the big size rubbermaid totes of nothing but deer hunting clothes etc.. Got my blind setup in dads driveway right now with a homemade clothes hanging rack, smoking as I type this...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I used the smoker every hunt the last few days and didn't get busted once.....except for the time I was chowing down on a piece of spicy deer jerky and a doe caught a slight wind from it, but even still she didn't react badly.....she put her nose in the air and walked around for a while and then went back the way she came.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Chad, that is typical of the WORST reaction I've had. They will sometimes wander around sniffing. Usually, thats a good time to shoot 'em if you want to.:smiley_crocodile:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Had a buck down wind of me...15 yards right in front of my stand. Didn't spook!

i dont use chips . i use noodles . take the chain saw . lay the hardwood piece of fire wood on its side . and start cutting it longways . you get long noodle looking wood . starts easy and drys fast . dont catch your hair on fire .

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I had a doe yesterday morning following me around on the way in to sit. I could see her in the moonlight and she was straight downwind of me. I smoked up right before heading to the spot. She was curious more than anything.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
i dont use chips . i use noodles . take the chain saw . lay the hardwood piece of fire wood on its side . and start cutting it longways . you get long noodle looking wood . starts easy and drys fast . dont catch your hair on fire .

Good idea Hoot plus one log will give you a boat load of noodles as well....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm sold. after getting busted by that back the other day, I believe that campfire smoke isnt enough. my clothes still smell like smoke but my face and hair are another story. I'm getting one as soon as possible. can you get them in stores yet or do you have to order them online?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Ok so how do i get one? I have googled scent smoker in a half dozen ways, clicked on links from other sites, and all i get is buckeye cams website. But it isnt listed in products.