Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Estimating Weight of your harvest

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Do any of you use the tape method too get a rough idea of what your deer weighed? I do it most of the time and the table that I found is pretty accurate.... Take a look and let me know what you think.... It's not as accurate as a scale but will give you an idea of what you have in the woods....

www.huntingpa.com/deer_wt.html

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have a scale at the farm, but I have never used a tape. Might start that now and check this chart to see how it squares up. Thanks for the link J...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have a scale at the farm, but I have never used a tape. Might start that now and check this chart to see how it squares up. Thanks for the link J...

Jesse back before all the smart phones I had it printed out and taped too my now limb rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HAHA! I wish I had the measurement on the Sandridge record doe. She dressed at 150 pounds, so she sounds about the size of what you shot tonight based on that number! Hell of a doe!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Funny thing is most of the non yearlings are all that size.... the bucks all have good body size just dinky racks lol....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Huck I haven't really thought about it lol.... being an old farm boy I thought you'd known about this already lol.... farmers been using it for years lol... some broke it down for deer about 20 years ago.... I stumbled on it reading some magazine years ago photo copied it and taped it to the limb of my bow so I'd always have it when I needed it lol...

I was on stand tonight and just got to thinking about it so when I got home tonight I posted it.....