Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow sights?

saddlepants

central Ohio
So hubbys been looking at bow sights with me and There are so many. I like single pin but I need more light attraction. Want something that wont break his wallet since I think hes lookin for christmas and he would like ideas from me. there are so many I havent a clue. what I have now is a crap that came with the bow. Only has about an inch of fiber optic...any suggestions??

Huckleberry Finn

I have a trophy ridge site on my bow. Went the cheap way ($45 at the Fin), not sure which model but it has 5 pins. I hate it. The pins are too freaking huge. The light that came on it was super bright and broke, quickly. I'm absolutely not happy with it and I'll be replacing it this spring.

(shoulda listened to Milo...he let me learn that one the hard way)

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have a trophy ridge site on my bow. Went the cheap way ($45 at the Fin), not sure which model but it has 5 pins. I hate it. The pins are too freaking huge. The light that came on it was super bright and broke, quickly. I'm absolutely not happy with it and I'll be replacing it this spring.

(shoulda listened to Milo...he let me learn that one the hard way)

Ths sight SP is looking at uses 0.19 fiber optic which isn't TOO chunky. Yours probably had the 0.29. No problems with mine, very bright, easy to adjust, and the pins don't slip. Love the verticle pins.

Huckleberry Finn

Ths sight SP is looking at uses 0.19 fiber optic which isn't TOO chunky. Yours probably had the 0.29. No problems with mine, very bright, easy to adjust, and the pins don't slip. Love the verticle pins.

I think you're correct, which is why I'll be replacing mine. Just wanted to put that out there as a consideration

If your wanting a bright single pin adjustable slider withe TONS of fiber optic length an dont wanna break the bank...The pro hunter micro sight is around 40 to 50$ and had 5feet of fiber optic for ONE PIN...The sight ring housing is all clear as well so that 5ft off fiber optic is able to pick up a ton of light...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Another one I would recommend That is bright and economical is the Cobra Boomslang. It has four pins and each one has 3 foot of fiber optic. There is no need for a light. If you can't see your pin it isn't legal to shoot.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Another one I would recommend That is bright and economical is the Cobra Boomslang. It has four pins and each one has 3 foot of fiber optic. There is no need for a light. If you can't see your pin it isn't legal to shoot.

Not necessarily true if you are hunting in a blind early morning or late evening.

saddlepants,
You might want to check out the Cobra line of sights. I have a Cobra Sidewinder that has 5 pins and a large multi-color spool of fiber optic that has a cover over the spool. The cover gets removed at low light to allow the pins to glow. Thing is, I added a sight light, because there are lighting conditions that don't offer enough light for the pins to glow...one situation is a groundblind and another is being in a tree with a large canopy of leaves that won't allow enough light.

Also, keep in mind that a vertical stack of sight pins...or even a single vertical sight pin, can cause the archery to drop their bow arm to see the arrow in flight. Being used to horizontal pins, after the arrow is released, it's possible to see/follow the arrow's flight path. Using a vertical pin system can (not with everyone) cause an archery to drop their bow arm to catch sight of the arrow's flight.

Archery is full of personal choices and that's what attracts so many to it.

Bowhunter57

saddlepants

central Ohio
Not necessarily true if you are hunting in a blind early morning or late evening.

I thought the blind would be the worse but it was actually the treestand on a cloudy eve that was bad but again my sight has only about an inch of fiberoptic. I dont mind the horizontal pin but I only want ONE pin. Its the way Ive learned all my life with everything and I dont wanna change. One pin is all you need as long as you know where your shooting and where to aim under the circumstances. All the other crap in the way will just confuse and be "in the way". Ha I was pulling long shots at the target the other day and asked my husband if he wanted to try it , he didnt but was really shocked when I told him from this distance you gotta aim a foot over the top of the target, LMAO!