Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's on... Rut stories

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Love the stories fellas. Headed out tomorrow afternoon for my first of my 13 day hunt. Hoping to contribute a bit to this thread myself in the coming days!

Aaron, that's a dandy of a buck. Would you have stuck him if presented with the shot?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man...... And here I thought Saturday was going to be TOO early, may end up being late.

There is always early does, and late does, All through November with a peak in the middle.. The one thing that early doe will do is get those boys out hunting and searching..

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It's still slow as shit in the NW part of the state....perfect weather but the hunting sucks. I hunted my 2 best spots last night and this morning and only came up with 2 little does and a year and a half 6pt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's still slow as shit in the NW part of the state....perfect weather but the hunting sucks. I hunted my 2 best spots last night and this morning and only came up with 2 little does and a year and a half 6pt.

I feel your pain Chad and it makes me feel a bit better about the debacle of a weekend I just endured. I felt like Milo was in the tree with his hammer all weekend...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I feel your pain Chad and it makes me feel a bit better about the debacle of a weekend I just endured. I felt like Milo was in the tree with his hammer all weekend...

Hahaha thanks Jesse I needed that hahaha.... I've had that the entire last week hahaha......

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Love the stories fellas. Headed out tomorrow afternoon for my first of my 13 day hunt. Hoping to contribute a bit to this thread myself in the coming days!

Aaron, that's a dandy of a buck. Would you have stuck him if presented with the shot?

You bet. This buck got me pretty jacked up to say the least but I was supprised at his body size, he looked thiner then the picture makes him look.

Gordo

Athens County
Finally some rut action for me this morning. Had a little dink 4 point dogging the shit out of a yearling.

Also had a basket 8 working rubs and scrapes with two does with him.

Best news is that i saw a minimum of 7 does. Thats a great sighn.

No action till 930am. Not that i could see amyway. Could hardly see my feet till the fog cleared.

Buckmaster

Portage
I went 0-4 in deer sightings last Friday 10/28 thru Sunday 10/30. I now forget what a deer actually looks like.

Back at it Thursday.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I finally had a great morning in the stand after not seeing much last Friday, so don't be mad at the messenger. They have to start moving everywhere around here soon. For refernece I was in summit county, generally NE Ohio. I saw ten deer, five being smaller bucks from shooting light until I got down because I had to go to work. I had a spike wander by first, ten minutes later 3 does followed by a basket 8. After that all hell broke loose after another doe and her fawn came in. The spike came back with a basket six and a forkhorn and they nosed the doe around. The spike and fork started fighting and the six ran grunting after the doe. At the end a nice 2.5 year old eight that needs another year joined the fray. He made a scrape and a rub and then took off after the doe. I am taking off this afternoon and going back out at a different place.
Keep at it everyone and good luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
10 deer total so far today. I'm still perched over scrape line. Every deer checking scrapes. One decent 8 pointer.

Nice! Gotta like that! I am busting my butt to get caught up on work again so i have the later part of the week to focus on deer!