Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's on... Rut stories

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My neighbor, who shot a nice 10 a few weeks ago, called me this morning and said 140" 10 was in the back field dogging a doe. He said he bedded and he stood over her. When he called I saw a 6 point walking in the direction he saw them. About 2 minutes later that 6 came running back. I still had my neighbor on the phone. He said the 10 ran the 6 off and went back to the doe.

So, Klay and I tried to put a stalk on with the crossbow. We walked up on two doe that h could've shot. We never did see the buck.

It's still in guys.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You know, it's kind of funny. We are a lot like the bucks. When the rut was on we were all excited and giddy. Now that it has wrapped up we have acted like the wind was let out of our sails.
They have moped off to their sanctuaries and we have been crushed by lack of action. Both of our excitement was let down at the same time.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just time to restrategize Mike. Hit it this weekend and hope someone pushes one my way. Hope the second rut livens things up in the next week or so. If not, back out, start dropping the corn in specific locations, use your cameras, and kill them when they are following their bellies instead of their hormones.