Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's on... Rut stories

JPN

coshocton
I saw 15 yesterday and there was grunting and chasing everywhere. Mostly young bucks doing the chasing but I did see a nice one about 80 yards away and he did the buck roar noise it was awesome. today was really slow only saw a doe and 2 fawns and I couldn't go this evening...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
We didn't see shit this weekend. It was the worst couple days of hunting I have had in a long time. I can't get my head around them not moving in this weather...

Same here, dang.
Glad you posted this, makes me feel a little less lonely

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
We didn't see shit this weekend. It was the worst couple days of hunting I have had in a long time. I can't get my head around them not moving in this weather...

I passed a 130" 8pointer yesterday morning, but other than that the hunting was slow at best.....got skunked 3 evenings in a row and 1 out of 3 mornings.....and the weather was damn near perfect.....kind of depressing actually.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I got out friday and never saw anything, and was back out last nite and around 620 had 5 does in a field being chased around by a tall rack 8 with a big body. Was back out this morning and got skunked again. It's gonna cut loose at any minute.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It is really good to hear the majority of the guys saying the same thing about this past weekends hunting......even though it was slow, that gives me a little more confidence in what is to come.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Over 20 hours. On stand and not one deer came by.... three different stands on two different farms.... I feel y'alls pain.... discouraging at best but I know they are there.... just gotta wait them out and the only way too do it is plant your ass in the stand and pay your dues.....

saddlepants

central Ohio
Me scarin off all the bucks now frightens me...Im not seein many does at all to bring them back lol!! Ive managed to scare off three good bucks and a spike and have only seen two does all season!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Same here! Misery loves company.

Count me in at number six, seven or whatever. We went Friday night and the conditions were colder and more cloudy than earlier in the week and I didn't see a dang deer until after sunset. We have new scrapes and rubs everywhere, and if I didn't have cameras I would swear the deer disappeared. It's gotta get better soon...........

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hitting the scrape. We have several pics of doe visiting the scrape as well. I think I may be sick tomorrow morning.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320079069.592574.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320079097.012595.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320079121.610651.jpg

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Posted this on my team thread but I'll say it here too -
I'm confident in my cover/movement/scent control - I had a red fox and a couple humans pass real close to my ground stand this weekend, didn't get busted.
I just think the deer aren't moving anywhere near where I've been.
It's the deer, not me.:tantrum::smiley_cry:

saddlepants

central Ohio
Posted this on my team thread but I'll say it here too -
I'm confident in my cover/movement/scent control - I had a red fox and a couple humans pass real close to my ground stand this weekend, didn't get busted.
I just think the deer aren't moving anywhere near where I've been.
It's the deer, not me.:tantrum::smiley_cry:

Its the Ohther HUMANS!!rotflmao

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm glad I'm not the only one that got skunked this past weekend. What a disappointment! I was as excited for hunting Saturday and Sunday as I've ever been, and it was a total let-down. The weather was absolutely perfect, TOO! I sat in a ravine on the edge of a known buck bedding area, and my brother sat above a food plot all weekend. Neither one of us saw a single deer....

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I had this buck at 80yrds with a doe for thirty five minutes. She mainly feed on the edge of a field while he freshened up some scrapes and raked his horns. He didnt look like a real big bodied deer, maybe 3.5.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Word on the street is JD saw a big (170 class) bedded not 10 feet from someones house tonight with a doe... He pulled up and stopped to look at him.. The buck stood up and walked about 10 feet. The doe just laid there.. The buck just stood there watching her.. IT'S ON LIKE A MOTHA FUGGIN CHICKEN BONE! Kill them dumb sons a bitches boys (and girl)