Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DIY "Versa Buttons"

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've been wanting a quick, quiet way to lash the bottom of my Millennium treestand to whichever tree I'm hanging it in, and IMO the Lone Wolf Versa Button system is the way to go. However, the LW Versa Buttons are $4.99 each, plus tax and shipping... and that doesn't include the mounting hardware. Call me a tightwad, but I didn't feel like spending that and then having to wait for them to get here. So, I decided to improvise.......

DIY "Versa Button" Parts List:
2 - 1/4" flat washers
1 - 1/4"-20 nylon lock nut
1 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" fender washer
1 - 1/4" x 1 1/2" grade 8 bolt
1 - 1/8" x 3/4" galvanized pipe coupling
1 - 1/4" drill bit and drill
2 - 7/16" wrenches
1 - 12oz can of Yuengling :smiley_bril:

Parts laid out in order of installation...

Step 1: Mark center of hole

Step2: Drill 1/4" hole

Step 3: Install hardware in order shown above, and tighten with wrenches

Slap on a little flat paint, and Wahlah... DIY "Versa Buttons" complete.

A quick, quiet, easy way to attach loop-ended cam buckle straps (like the LW straps) around a tree and to your treestand. Best of all, each one only costs $2.96, and it only took me about ten minutes to complete.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I would think so. I saw a Busch Light can in one of the photos.

Close, but that's a Busch heavy. Anything manly will do the trick, OMO... However, piss water like bud light lime and summer shanty will not work. Drinking those will guarantee a stray hammer swing to the nuts.

Close, but that's a Busch heavy. Anything manly will do the trick, OMO... However, piss water like bud light lime and summer shanty will not work. Drinking those will guarantee a stray hammer swing to the nuts.

No worries then..I tend to drink busch heavy or Budweiser..The Yuengling lager or black an tan isnt bad though..I do drink wine with food once in awhile so i might end up with the stray hammer to the nuts:smiley_blackeye:

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Never had the need. Wouldn't hurt I suppose, but my bag is already too heavy with all my necessities and my LW straps and that hanger...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never had the need. Wouldn't hurt I suppose, but my bag is already too heavy with all my necessities and my LW straps and that hanger...

I agree with you... carrying all that crap does get heavy, but an extra strap really doesn't add any noticeable weight. My Millennium locks on solid to most trees, and in most cases the extra strap isn't necessary... but sometimes a little reassurance helps.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Googled lone wolf versa buttons and found your thread, Jim! I think I'm going to do this, I'm not spending $5 a piece plus shipping for lone wolfs buttons. I just ordered a m100u and I got 3 lone wolf sticks for Christmas. Anyone have a spare muddy pro stick they want to sell?!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cool stuff. By the way, anyone know what happened to old omo. He hasn't posted since July.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Son of a... I forgot to do the versa buttons lol. I'm marking it on my calendar so I don't forget this weekend. I did fluties mod with the D rings to my lone wolf sticks on Sunday.