Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Hunt Eve...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
"Eye of the tiger"???:smiley_crocodile:

I like it.

Jesse- May your scent disappear, your arrow fly true, and the deer of your focus come to rest with your tag on him!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
"Eye of the tiger"???:smiley_crocodile:

I like it.

Jesse- May your scent disappear, your arrow fly true, and the deer of your focus come to rest with your tag on him!

Don't tell me you have never watched the Rocky movies Hicks.........one of the all time greatest moments in movie history we are talking about here!:smiley_crocodile[video=youtube;p7CaiWxKYBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7CaiWxKYBo&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have watched some of them. That is why I got a kick out of it. Problem is, when I read "Eye of the tiger" all I could think of is Joe asking me (when we were in Nashville and he was preying on some young girls in a bachelorette party) "What does the tiger do?" Well, the tiger goes after the weakest prey first.)

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Yeah, that too.

I'm telling Jessie to put all of his energy into this and focus on the prize.......concentrate and visualize on the outcome that he wants and that he has been dreaming about for 9 months......and make it happen. NOW is the time.

I have been feeling for a few days now that something is about to happen......I feel the tag burning in my pocket also and I have a feeling the time is coming soon.

We as bowhunters have to go into a different mode of operation right NOW, especially if you are serious about killing a good buck......you have to step your game up.....no more slacking. Your concentration has to be focused on the task at hand. No more sleeping in, no more dicking around checking cameras when you should be hunting, no more taking risks walking to and from your stand, no more daydreaming while on stand.....shit happens fast when the time comes....you have to be on edge and be ready for those few moments that make or break your season.....those moments are very likely to happen in the next couple of weeks.

All the preparation for the entire season comes down to right now. If you visualize what you want to happen and think about how you are going to react to every possible scenario then you are going to be very successful when given the opportunity.

If your instincts tell you something, then do it....don't wait to move a stand 30 yards if you know in your head you will get a better shot down the ridge a ways....

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah, that too.

I'm telling Jessie to put all of his energy into this and focus on the prize.......concentrate and visualize on the outcome that he wants and that he has been dreaming about for 9 months......and make it happen. NOW is the time.

I have been feeling for a few days now that something is about to happen......I feel the tag burning in my pocket also and I have a feeling the time is coming soon.

We as bowhunters have to go into a different mode of operation right NOW, especially if you are serious about killing a good buck......you have to step your game up.....no more slacking. Your concentration has to be focused on the task at hand. No more sleeping in, no more dicking around checking cameras when you should be hunting, no more taking risks walking to and from your stand, no more daydreaming while on stand.....shit happens fast when the time comes....you have to be on edge and be ready for those few moments that make or break your season.....those moments are very likely to happen in the next couple of weeks.

All the preparation for the entire season comes down to right now. If you visualize what you want to happen and think about how you are going to react to every possible scenario then you are going to be very successful when given the opportunity.

If your instincts tell you something, then do it....don't wait to move a stand 30 yards if you know in your head you will get a better shot down the ridge a ways....

Dang, Chad.... You fuggin nailed it, brother. For the serious bowhunter, these next few weeks are what it's all about. IMO, you could throw out the rest of the season and I could care less... The Ohio rut is where it's at.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I haven't been excited about deer hunting all summer and fall up until about 4 days ago, then it hit me like a train......I am now officially in the "Kill" mode.

Some of what I described right there is part of it.

Huckleberry Finn

Yup, that got me fired up. I'm playing a different game than ya'll but it is cool to hear the mentality of how the wall and freezer gets filled...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just took a scent free shower and am getting ready to hit the woods. All I am going to do is change camera cards in the rain. It is time to be serious even if you are only changing cards.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I just took a scent free shower and am getting ready to hit the woods. All I am going to do is change camera cards in the rain. It is time to be serious even if you are only changing cards.

That's been the routine for a month now. When it rains, shower, smoke up and check cams. It's helped prepare me for what's ahead...

I'm right on schedule to be on stand, hunt ready by 4:30. I laid awake for two hours last night planning the next few days and I feel good about the plan I developed. This year will signal the start of a new era in my bowhunting career...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
OH yeah!!! It's on! Best of luck Jesse!

I will be on 2nd shift tonight and then days tomorrow... off til Monday. The weather looks to be perfect this weekend. The wife is leaving town tomorrow night and not returning until Tuesday.... I will be in the tree all weekend long and loving every minute of it!

Best of luck to all!

epe

Lancaster
Good luck all the next couple of days. As all my deer hunting spots are 2 hours from my work, I will be out duck hunting tonight after work...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have been trying to talk myself into going out back...the rain stopped but the damp wind is nipply

If anyone here should understand and personify the old adage: "Get back in the saddle..." it is you! Tonight is the kind of night where big deer meet their maker. You gotta suck it up, learn from the experience, move on and get out there and bite the snake that bit you!!! Git-R-Done SP!!!

Gordo

Athens County
Ill b in stand in about 20 minutes. I was already jacked up, but reading this stuff just put it over the top.

Just stopped at the gas station. The chick working was like "i gotta tell you when you walked in you looked like you where ready to shoot some one". "we were scared".

Just a little jacked up. Lol

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im pumped for the week to come starting in the morning which is the start of my 7-day break. I'll be out in the morning and checking cams on the way out. Good luck to all...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd say good luck but I won't cause I told Beener good luck before he went out last night and look what the hell happened too him..... :smiley_clap: