Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Trap line

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I do not. I have thought about it. I'll prolly run snares this winter for yotes.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I made about 300 coyote snares today and I have about 700 coon snares made. That should get me started . Still have to wax a coulpe hundred 1.75s and all my #4s but with beaver not coming in til the end of Dec, I have time to get the rest of it done.

I trap rats , as much for the meat as the hides
Normaly I put out 60 box traps , 40 leg holds and 40 conabears

May put out all 100 box traps I have , as the club is PO'ed about the dikes

I will also have 50 or so coon sets
At least 10 mink sets and a bunch of snares for Yotes

John

camofry

*Supporting Member*
John, What are you doing with rat meat? I grind some of mine for mink. I will put 6 or 8 beaver in the freezer for the grill, but never tried rat to eat.

Halfton

Got back into trapping several years ago after the kids were grown.
Mostly water trap with a few coon,mink,and coyote snares out. Got me a half dozen bridgers from a friend that are set up for yotes. Picked up some lure at the Reg C meet and will be giving it a try.

Got a few things left to do yet but am anxious to go.

Russ

purplebuck

I have done a little trapping this year. Mostly nuisance work with no attempt for canines. 15 coon, 6 rats, 4 beaver and 3 skunk. Had a ball though with little effort. Just got me knee repaired so aim to do more next year. I started trapping at about age 10 on rats and coon. Helping out landowners with coyote, coon and beaver issues has opened some areas for bow hunting.