Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DJK Frank 16's Hunting Log

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Had a decent 9 at 25 yards tonight, but couldn't get a shot. Put the Spypoint out for the first time on Friday, and after pulling i'm glad I didn't get a shot at that 9.... mischeif.gif

Gonna get some videos uploaded shortly...

Nice. Divine providence ;)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Here's the 9 I had at 25 yards tonight. This buck was 360 degrees around my stand, never even had a clue, gotta love the hickory smoke!

[video=youtube;JOXrEQ2Bqr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOXrEQ2Bqr4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm not real good at slowing down video and all that, and don't have the time tonight, but this buck looks to be pretty decent. Hit my scrape line Monday evening. This is my #1 target back as of right now.

[video=youtube;-O9hcIHqDkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O9hcIHqDkw[/video]

Here's a still image, tough to tell against the corn in the video, but I put a red mark on the top of his left side tines and the start of the main beam. He also has an tine coming out of his left side around the base.

Buck-10-31.jpg

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
From what I slowed down I kept seeing a HUGE six frame with a bit of junk. So hard to tell. GREAT buck no matter.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Made it out a couple times this past week, didn't see a whole lot from the stand, but have gotten a lot of reports from buddies and neighbors that there is a biggun in the area. Wednesday morning I was pulling back the lane and had 9 doe cross the road in front of me and head to the property to the North. So I know the deer are using this section, just not catching them at the right time. With youth gun this weekend, I will probably hit the lake for Crappie and head back out to the tree on Monday on my day off.