Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fluteman's bowhunting log

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks for the encouragement fellas. Sitting in the oak flat stand as we speak. 33 videos on the cam I put over a scrape the big boy made. Hoping he visited it over the weekend.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Got skunked on stand tonight. Got down and headed down the ridge, running into eight deer feeding my way. Sat tight until they passes, and snuck on out. Had one video of the big eight making an appearance @ 6:24pm Sunday, still plenty of light left. Also had video of a small buck harassing a doe.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Showering up now and heading back to the oak flat. It's 32 degrees this morning, but no frost or dew. Outta be nice and crunchy out.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Have had three different does feed around me from 7:30-9. No bone yet. Gonna stick it out til around until 11 or so depending on how the rest of the morning goes.

Huckleberry Finn

Toot the flute, Fluteman!

Do you want me to text you? It's the new way to call deer in. Cottis did it for me, and I texted him back yesterday and he had one come in...only works with button bucks right now, but they're a start, right?

Keep warm and stay focus! It could happen at any moment!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Five total this morning. Deer were consistent passing through, just not what I was looking for. Had a decent buck at the scrape cam last night, then he passes by the stand with his nose to the ground.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Back on stand today. Have already had one young buck come through with his nose to the ground grunting. Stay tuned, live updates when I have service.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
One buck and the doe back up through the field in front of me. The other in the holler below grunting softly.

Fawn below me now.

epe

Lancaster
Crazy the difference in locations. Dad is up by lowell, has had a 5pt go by browsing -eating. Just had a mature doe around him for 15 minutes and nothing following.