Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Son's first buck at 8 years old

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great to read the story! Glad you were able to recover the deer in the way you did. Better than finding it weeks later chewed up by coyotes. Didn't even lose any meat this way. Plus, the "hero pics" with Dane are going to be great keepsakes!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Awesome recap of the hunt. Congrats to Dane on his first buck of many. congrats to you as well Chad and a big Thank You for getting him into this great sport we all love.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Awesome story Chad! Congrats to You and Dane. You can't tell me he did any learning after you stopped by school...he had to be dying to get home and get his hands on that rack again.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Thanks guys! I forgot to mention that after he shot the deer he told me that he had the "shakes". I just smiled and told him that feeling is what it's all about.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Personally, I think you have experienced the best there is in hunting. My son, Mason, got his first deer last year (doe) at the age of 7. That kid breathes hunting and fishing. When he shot that doe, his emotions were absolutely raw. It was the most exciting thing I have ever experienced in the woods! I am certain you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's the best, and I really wish they could get their "first" every year!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
I wrote a story of my first kill with my dad sitting next to me. A memory your son will never forget. Now it's all about the deer but in twenty years it will be all about having his dad by his side when he shot it. Love these stories and congrats to both of you!