Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kody's First Buck

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thank you everyone. We went today and found the arrow. It was about 20 yards from the shot site. Upon further review, the arrow appears to have pinched the skin under the opposite shoulder / arm pit area (there was blood on the fur there and we thought it was a pass through). The arrow must've backed out the entrance way. It had blood all the way until about 1/4 inch of the end. Plus, the blades were almost closed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318704033.486562.jpg

This next pic is a view from where the buck was standing back to the tent at exactly 50 yards. Blood was at my feet. Just to the right was a butternut or hazelnut tree, at least that's what Old Scout said it was. That's what the deer was eating. Originally he thought it was munching acorns.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318704100.748273.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's awesome mike and old scout. Nothing like a youngins first buck.. Way to go! Hell of a shot too...

Schu72

Streetsboro
Super happy for you and the family. What an awesome experience to have everyone there. You are making me very jealous.:smiley_cheers:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That right there is what it is all about. Mike this is awesome and will be something that you all as a family will remember forever. :smiley_crocodile:

I'm pretty quite on here but all you guys are great. Thanks for all the good things you all said. I have seen kody shooting that deer at least 50 times now lol. I reached another goal in my life to see grandsons hunt and kody kill his first buck. Now we have to get klay one.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
COngrats cotty that a great story and with his Grandpap....it don't get no better and that pic will be priceless!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
That is awesome! Congratulations to all of you! Definitely something that none of you will ever forget!! To have grandpa and dad share that experience, just priceless! :pickle: