Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You guys talked me into it

In the smoker I generally use hickory chips. When I snuff out the flames I usually use a handfull of pine needles and a small pine cone. Of course I have my little shed all set up with the clothes hanging so the smoke can just billow out and soak them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I use the large Rubbermaid tote with a hole in the side to put the spout in ands just let flow in it does the job and just put it in the bed of the truck for the next morning.... never have been busted by getting winded since I started using the smoker some four years ago.... sometimes my driveway looks like an assembly line with all my son's buddies showing up too borrow some smoke as they say lol.... its all good, would of wasted most of it anyways lol....

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I use the large Rubbermaid tote with a hole in the side to put the spout in ands just let flow in it does the job and just put it in the bed of the truck for the next morning.... never have been busted by getting winded since I started using the smoker some four years ago.... sometimes my driveway looks like an assembly line with all my son's buddies showing up too borrow some smoke as they say lol.... its all good, would of wasted most of it anyways lol....

Haha "J", we usually have "smoking parties" at my cousins house on Thursdays to get ready for the weekend, 3 or 4 of us just smoking the shit out of all of our gear while having a few cold brews! I like to give mine a fresh shot of smoke the day I hunt too as well, but I smoke gear in a tote as well.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My clothes smell so much like smoke the next morning its funny... my buddy said he can smell me from the ground while I'm 18' up a tree lol...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Last edited by a moderator:

Gordo

Athens County
Even with the rubbermaid watch that back fire. I burned holes in my clothing one time while billowing smoke into the little hole I had cut in the side. Talk about feeling like a dumbass. Lucky the hole damn thing didnt go up in flames.

It works

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have a tonneau cover on my truck and all of stuff is in bins in the back. the smoker is back there too. When you put the tailgate down all you smell is smoke... it's a beautiful thing.

I agree 100% lol.... the wife hates it but I call it the afrodiziak lol.....

Huckleberry Finn

Speaking of being slow... Quit copy / pate quoting... dang... lol..

I'll just be honest...don't know how to do it any other way...

Hey Gern - here's another quote for you...might be a slight paraphrase, but "Now you'll smell like a smoked turd!"

Huckleberry Finn

Speaking of being slow... Quit copy / pate quoting... dang... lol..

PS - I do know how to do it, but I often only quote part of the OP....that was I can misquote and take things out of context easier. And frequently.
While I'm steering this thread off course, can someone make a smoker smilie?
--

BTW, Gern, have you factored getting less :pickle: because of the smoker?

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I have a tonneau cover on my truck and all of stuff is in bins in the back. the smoker is back there too. When you put the tailgate down all you smell is smoke... it's a beautiful thing.

DITTO

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
PS - I do know how to do it, but I often only quote part of the OP....that was I can misquote and take things out of context easier. And frequently.
While I'm steering this thread off course, can someone make a smoker smilie?
--

BTW, Gern, have you factored getting less :pickle: because of the smoker?

Hell that's why I'm buying it.....I can't get any less than I'm getting now! Zero plus zero = ZERO